Search results

1. R

Looking for 01 Beetle K member & oil pan

wonder if it’s worth the trouble to swap the K member on a 20 ur old car with 255k miles ? and I’m not sure the rear mount on the unibody subframe where the K member bolts up isn’t damaged It looks like the bolt head is tilted to the rear a little .
  2. R

, I have one on the way . Thanks for the offer .
  3. R

2 - 1-96 & 1-97 passat tdi's for sale, both wrecked, both run, both have titles

Are these mechanical injection or electronic ? Didn’t know the tdi was sold way back in 96 .
  4. R

wheel shake at 70-80mph and under moderate braking

The seal , like a gasket ? Can cause a wobble ?
  5. R

Suspension refresh, anything missing?

The bolt looked like it was at an angle I removed it and it wasn’t bent so either the frame rail mount is moved , which doesn’t look like it , cause that would usually knock off the undercoating . hard to imagine the mount in the frame getting pushed back without the lower control arm bending...
  6. R

Suspension refresh, anything missing?

@Wilkins I have some questions about how you repaired and aligned the subframe our beetle recently killed a curb , head on , drivers side wheel bent , control Arm looks ok but the front of the K member where the control arm bushing are , is dented around the bushings where it hit the curb ...
  7. R

01 beetle tdi 5 speed Hit a median curb pretty hard. Broke the oil pan and some Minor damage to the K member is the K member the same for the auto manual ? is the K member on the beetle the same as the golf Jetta etc ? What about the K frame from the gassers ? Is it the same
  8. R

from the horse's mouth (EPA/CARB at SEMA)

Close enough A car needs one computer to run the engine and that’s it There is no need for a computer to run the heat and air And a computer in each door to run the locks and windows in that door . Friend of mine had a Chevrolet several years ago with a small computer in each ...
  9. R

What are my options for a new key cut to my vehicle besides dealer?

Friend of mine lost their only fob to their late model Subaru That doesn’t use a actual key just the fob being near the car $2,100 to replace
  10. R

which gen tdi is most reliable?

same here. I recently replaced the O rings in the injector pump cover and theres no way I could have done that without the info on here. couldnt replace the alternator either. I think the official Volkswagen repair manual starts with "begin by removing both front fenders"
  11. R

I don’t buy any stuff like starters or alternators or water pumps from auto zone or some other store They are all made in China garbage I get those type of parts from the dealer or have the starters and Alts rebuilt at a local shop We’ve not had too much problem with the 2000 beetle Just...
  12. R

I couldn’t believe how much the Porsche’s depreciate so quickly I’ve seen a couple of nice Cayennes for under $6k
  13. R

Does the warranty go with the car or just the first person who buys it from the stealership after the fix ? Is it like a bumper to bumper or just for the emission components ? I see a lot of 2013-15 for sale from small private car lots And a few from individuals and of course at Vw...
  14. R

How I fixed my no-turbo problem

Nice work Thought mine was bad but it was a broken vacuum line to the actuator
  15. R

Very disappointing ~33 mpg

Mrs roundhouse has had a 00 beetle five speed for years and it’s never gotten over 40 on the interstate and Usually around 35-36 in town My 01 golf five speed got 44 every tank no matter how or where you drove it Needed a larger vehicle , 12 yr old child had juvenile arthritis and had to...
  16. R

from the horse's mouth (EPA/CARB at SEMA)

The three of us , me , wife and son have five cars I have a 76 Bronco with a 91 mustang 302 Fuel injection , disc brakes and power steering and a five speed And a 06 expedition Wife has a 00 beetle tdi Son has a street rod 65 falcon wagon with AC and a 76 Chevy pickup that he did a...
  17. R

What are my options for a new key cut to my vehicle besides dealer?

I pulled the computer and fed exed it to someone who removed the immo software Then all you need is a a key cut I’m Not worried about someone stealing a $1,500 car
  18. R

She wants a beetle , with a manual trans, sunroof and heated seats . Maybe a convertible but I’m guessing they are as floppy spaghetti framed as the rabbit Either keep the one we got or get another one We’ve had the one we got painted a few years ago , the monkey snot lime green fades...
  19. R

oh, we wont be getting anything new. and the Mrs wants a manual trans, so that eliminates 98% of late model vehicles. Im 54 and I have never and will never buy a brand new car. and the MPG isnt a concern for me, everyone worries about the MPG and doesnt consider that the depreciation...
  20. R

I like simple, and something I can repair myself. most cars are purposefully manufactured far more complicated than they need to be, just so no one can repair them if we ever had any problems with the pump or computer, Id convert it to a M-tdi in a heartbeat to eliminate future problems...