Search results

1. J

NMS Birthday Mileage Roll call

Happy birthday old girl. The big one-oh. 198,500 miles.
  2. J

No Heat from HVAC_Blend Door

Conducted the reset, now we wait for cooler temps. I forgot to mention that I had the check engine light on due to EGR Cooler out of spec. I cleared it with VCDS a few months back. The error code popped up a day later. I reset it after swapping the heater core. So far the check engine light...
  3. J

No Heat from HVAC_Blend Door

I moved from Kansas to Boston this summer. We had a heavy cold rain, so I needed to run the defroster (in summer) which doesn't happen in Kansas. The windshield wouldn't clear due to no heat. None.. So I used A/C mode. It was cold, but pulled the humidity out of the air and off the glass...
  4. J

Right Passenger rear window regulator noise and fail

Replacement was straight forward. It does not seem like the regulator motor has travel limits internally, so it does not matter the window position when the motor is secured to the regulator mechanism. The plastic window retaining pin is a 2 piece unit. I put the larger section into the window...
  5. J

Driver's side lower control arm failure at 68k

I used 3 floor jacks( passenger side not shown). I could not see where to locate my floor stands. But, my wife insists I keep my life insurance current. l lowered the subframe about an inch on driver side, less on passenger side. It wasn't enough, so raised the transmission until it limited...
  6. J

I had to loosen the subframe, raise the drivetrain, and use a pry bar to get the front pivot bolt to clear the transmission. Used Driver side lower control arm. The rubber bushing completely failed.
  7. jw4free 3-19-2021 Driver Side Lower Control Arm

jw4free 3-19-2021 Driver Side Lower Control Arm

jw4free 3-19-2021 Driver Side Lower Control Arm
  8. IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

Rear Bushing Failure
  9. IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

Driver Side Lower Control Arm
  10. IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

Lower Control Arm front pivot bolt
  11. J

Purchased lower control arm from ID Parts. Fast Shipping, good packaging.
  12. J

Pictures of regulator slide mechanism: Inside the Door guts Upper tab broken, lower tab intact, these retain the slide along the rail. Plastic button that pins the window inside the regulator slide mechanism.
  13. jw4free 3-18-2021 right rear window regulator fail

jw4free 3-18-2021 right rear window regulator fail

jw4free 3-18-2021 right rear window regulator fail
  14. 2012 Passat Right Rear window regulator Pin

2012 Passat Right Rear window regulator Pin

Regulator pin fell out
  15. 2012 Passat Right Rear window regulator close

2012 Passat Right Rear window regulator close

Regulator Slide Tab broken off
  16. 2012 Passat Right Rear window regulator

2012 Passat Right Rear window regulator

Regulator Slide
  17. J

Engine died and glow plug light

Ah, man. No... I'm shedding a tear for the high mileage champ. With any luck is will be something obvious, and not a HPFP or turbo.
  18. J

Yep, busted. Up/ down glass holder is molded plastic piece and has two guides that travel along the vertical rail. The top guide is compromised. If I had to guess, one of my rear passenger copilots was playing the game of chicken. When placing random objects in window track, who will flinch...
  19. J

I do not see any other posts regarding NMS regulator failures. However, I did receive an advertisement email from IDParts on VW regulator sales yesterday. The irony was not lost on me.
  20. J

Noticed clunking noise when rolling down and up right passenger rear window for the last week and half. Today it hesitated going up, stopped at closed and then auto opened. Tried again and closed properly. All the time clunking and gyrations. Spring storm this weekend, so window lock on, and...