Search results

1. 2slowtdi

Bora i-30 arlington tx

If you have a 2003 Galactic blue Bora with a TDI with a red "I" with SSR wheels , and a red I on the motor cover PM me and I can give you some info if you want. First 3 of tag DM8.
  2. 2slowtdi

Stay-cation's with the Price Of Fuel ?

I hate the fact that fuel is going up , and know that even people with high mile per gallon cars will be forced to change plans on travel this year. I had almost 100 gals of Bio diesel put back and can fit a max of 60 gallons in my car plus the 25 gallons in the tank and still have room for...
  3. 2slowtdi

Honda Diesel

I went to a school reunion this past weekend and found a old friend of mine that now is with Honda motor development. So after everything else I ask about a diesel Honda. He told me that they are working on it but with the low cetane diesel here in the U.S. they where having a hard time with...
  4. 2slowtdi

Increase Your Mileage Change Your Tires

I changed my tires from Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S 225-55-16 to Michelin Energy Saver A/S 215/60/16 (only size in 16"). The size on the 215's is 1.6% larger than the 225's so that helped a little. I got 2 to 2.5 miles per gallon (US) than that of the Pilot Exalto. So I know that the Pilot...
  5. 2slowtdi

$3.50 a Gallon this Summer?

From what I see so far I think that we will have $3.50 a gallon or more. I'm paying $2.85 now so its not that far away only .65 cents. I hope that I'm wrong.:confused:
  6. 2slowtdi

ALH then PD and now ?

I was thinking about the new TDI's and I would like to know if they are still PD's or has VW changed? I was looking at the new Audi A-3 with 140 hp.
  7. 2slowtdi

Red Bug Dallas I35 4/13 10am

I saw a red Bug TDI on I35E south bound at Mockingbird in Dallas today the tag said 44 mpg or 45 mpg. It did have "TurboDiesel" on the back it was about 10am 04/13/09. A clean looking car!
  8. 2slowtdi

Brake Drag=Bad Mileage

Somewhere here I read about how to make sure that the brakes where not dragging. It all started about a year ago my mileage started dropping,, I thought it was the ULS diesel that had come out. I had had my TB changed and my Inj Pump rebuilt so with all the changes it was hard to know what...
  9. 2slowtdi

Delvac 5w40 or Mobil One 0w40 ?

I have a 2003 with 113k miles that from day one I have used Mobil One Delvac or the Truck&Suv 5w40's and every once in a while Rotella 5w40 when Mobil was not to be had. A friend sold his Benz and had Mobil One 0w40 so gave it to me. I have read that in colder places that the 0w40 is used...
  10. 2slowtdi

Weather Channel Bio diesel Coast to Coast trip

I just saw the last few mins of a interview with two people driving non-stop from New York to Cal in their TDI using Bio diesel. Did anyone see the whole thing ?
  11. 2slowtdi

Injection Pump Leaking Seals Dallas Mechanic Needed

I have found my injection pump leaking,,,but I'm not sure from what seal so I ordered a Pump seal kit,,fuel temp sensor and a Viton punp head O-ring. The seal that looks to be leaking is the back round plug that has the injector outlets around it. I don't want to mess something up, so what I...
  12. 2slowtdi

Upper Suspension Bushings Non OEM

I have read but can't find the upper suspension bushings that someone said sold for about $75 each that are not the hard red type, softer but better than the OEM ones. Any help is welcomed. Thanks
  13. 2slowtdi

Things needed for a good GTG!!!

1. A place central to meet. 2. Vendors / someone to chip/ Biodiesel/ skid plates/ T.B.'s / intake cleaning /Dealer donated stuff/ things to get people there. 3. Food 4. A place to show how fast your TDI is safely, 1/4 or 1/8 mile strip would be great. 5. Trash talk...
  14. 2slowtdi

Things needed for a good GTG!!!

1. A place central to meet. 2. Vendors / someone to chip/ Biodiesel/ skid plates/ T.B.'s / intake cleaning /Dealer donated stuff/ things to get people there. 3. Food 4. A place to show how fast your TDI is safely, 1/4 or 1/8 mile strip would be great. 5. Trash talk...
  15. 2slowtdi

Glow Plug Fault Code?

I have a fault code of 17057 / PO673-35-00, the vag-com reads. Cylinder 3 glow plug circuit (Q 12) electrical fault and then the #'s. I have looked in my VW books a 02 & 03 but the codes are not there. I replaced the glow plug no good, I replaced the power supply cord for the glow plugs. (The...
  16. 2slowtdi

Top End ( MPH) Revisited

My goal is the most go with little increase in fuel usage. I find that the top end test shows how efficiently thing work. After my last test topped out 120 mph it was pointed out by more than afew helpful members that something was not right. After a week of checking all the non oem parts I...
  17. 2slowtdi

VW Recall on PD's

VW Recall on PD\'s 1. This is a recall to start Feb 2005. All Golf, Jetta, Beetle& Passat diesels. The 2004 to 2005. The NHTSA campaign number is 04V586000. Component: Fuel system, Diesel. ( On certain passenger vehicles, the high pressure diesel pumps were produced with an improper...
  18. 2slowtdi

Top end to go faster.

Do not go out and try this. But if you drive fast do it safely. This is what I have found in my test. All test have been done with full cooperation of Law Enforcement ( No tickets yet ). Some roads are seldom traveled in west Texas so my test area. Gps was used. Tests have taken 18 mo time so...
  19. 2slowtdi

Need new turbo, upgrade time?

My turbo is gone. New one will cost $1000 or so. What are the chances I can get a better one around that price? If the dealer sees my other stuff and balks. Thanks for the input.
  20. 2slowtdi

Turbo gone need one

I lost all boost today, checked all intercooler clamps, vac lines got a VW boost controller still no boost. Then I took off the lower intercooler pipe a little oil and alot of sand like metal. Fry one turbo. Little if any chance of dealer help. So who?,how much?,& install tips. Thanks for input.