Search results

1. CoriolisSTORM

Radio has terrible reception

All, I did a VCDS scan on my wife's '06 TDI yesterday after finishing the oil change and DSG service. The car has had terrible radio reception on all FM frequencies since we bought it last year. I found the following message...
  2. CoriolisSTORM

Torsion Value of 0?

Gents, I did my timing belt a few weeks back, and checked my torsion value. It is "0". I have a hard time imagining that I actually got it directly on 0. My understanding is that a value outside of its range will show as 0. How can I determine mine is in the correct spot? I bought and used...
  3. CoriolisSTORM

First Service since buying used '06 Jetta TDI w/ DSG

Gents and ladies, I purchased my wife an '06 Jetta DSG with 96k on it. I am getting things ready to do a service on it. Is there anything I am missing from the following shopping list? All parts are from KermaTDI unless listed otherwise. timing belt/water pump kit VCDS (from Rosstech) BRM...
  4. CoriolisSTORM

How much for a complete cylinder head?

Gents, in my search for a cheap car to work with, I came across a '99 Jetta TDI for $600. It needs a cylinder head. How much would one expect for a complete head? Anything else it couldve messed up when (I presume) the timing belt went? Been wanting a TDI forever, but can't afford a new one just...
  5. CoriolisSTORM

Found 2 Rabbit diesels for sale!

Gents, whilst browsing CL I came across two VW Rabbit diesels for sale for $1200. One is a 79 the other is an 81. Considering contacting the guy, thoughts?
  6. CoriolisSTORM

Wanting an '09 TDI...

Gents, I'm back in the market for a TDI as I am moving back home from Tuscaloosa (I hate it here!) and am going to commute back and forth, about 55 miles one way, 5 days a week 52 weeks a year (get 6 off days a year plus weekends!) Anyway, there's two dealers in B'ham and 1 here in Tuscaloosa...
  7. CoriolisSTORM

importing and assembling a 2.0L 16v PD TDI in a Caliber?

Gents, I am about to move out of this ****hole town I am in and go back home. So, this means I need a bit of a commuter car to drive back and forth with. I like everything about my Caliber except the 2.4L (its a good motor once the RPMs get up, but fuel economy sucks then...) Anyway, has...
  8. CoriolisSTORM

How much power can be had out of a TD?

Gents, I have found a cheapish Jeep pickup (Comanche) in the area, and it'd be a prime candidate for me to put in a VW TD (don't have the money or skills to do a TDI yet). Anyway, how much power (HP and Torque) can be got out of a 1.6TD or 1.9TD with what mods? Anybody got something I can...
  9. CoriolisSTORM

2008 TDI preorder questions

Gents, due to my Caliber interior degrading (IE rattling) and turning up the suck greatly, I am wanting to get rid of it ASAP. Anyway, I have some questions about preordering a new TDI. What's the deposit? (How much) Can I specify options/color? What do I need to know?
  10. CoriolisSTORM

Is the Dodge Caliber a Pumpe-Duse unit or CRD?

Alright guys, I'm just looking around on an other forum I visit, and the guys that are actually lucky enough to have one say that the Patriot and Caliber actually get a CRD engine. Is it a CRD TDI OR is it a Pumpe-Duse TDI? Its a VW sourced 2.0L is all I know, I wish I could get ahold of one...
  11. CoriolisSTORM

dune buggy/wannabe gocart?

Alright ladies and gents, I'm on an extremely tight budget, but I want to build a small dune buggy or go kart. Power wise I'm thinking a VW air cooled motor and its transmission and rear end, probably a modified (stretched and widened) go-kart frame and something to steer with, of course maybe...
  12. CoriolisSTORM

Will Hufeisens fit a Dodge Caliber?

I have an '07 caliber R/T FWD with the factory 18 chrome wheels and am considering swapping them out for something that looks slightly different in the crowd. Do any of you know if the Hufeisens from a GTI will fit on a Caliber? Caliber bolt spacing is 5x114.3 and backspacing is 39-40 (cant...
  13. CoriolisSTORM

Looking for a small turbo diesel

Alright gents, as you might have seen from my post in the TD forum, I am looking for some sort of small turbo diesel to go in an Opel Ascona A. I've been told that VW TDs are rare in the US, so I am exploring other turbo diesel options. What other car sized turbo diesels are available in the...
  14. CoriolisSTORM

What TDI is in the Calibers?

Alright gents, I was looking around on Ebay the other day and came across a 2.0L TDI that "is used in the Calibers in Europe". My question is, what TDI is it? I know its a 2.0L and that's about it. Is it a Pumpe-Duse engine or is it a CRD (like they are bringing over here)? Anybody know...
  15. CoriolisSTORM

How much for a TD engine?

Alright people, I've got a project car setting around that I am wanting to put a VW TD in when I get the time and money. So, I need to know, how much will a used TD set me back? I need everything to make it run (Well, minus the transmission, since its going into a RWD car with a torque tube...
  16. CoriolisSTORM

Older diesel?

I was just wondering, how much will an older diesel car set me back as far as cash? VW, old MB it doesn't matter to me. (VW preferably though, or for parts counter guy fun, even a Renault one!) I am wanting to know basically how much will an older one set me back? What about just the engine...
  17. CoriolisSTORM

TDI Caliber?

Alright guys, I just bought a Dodge Caliber R/T about a month ago, and am loving it so far! However, in the future quite a bit, I'd like to find another one and TDI it. (Or if they bring a diesel over, I'll just buy it.) How hard would it be to TDI a car that has a VW CRD engine in Europe...
  18. CoriolisSTORM

mTDI gas mileage and power?

Ladies and Gentlemen, as you all know, I'm setting on an Opel Ascona (family heirloom type deal) that I'd like to restore and am beginning to, without an engine. The stock 1.9L Opel CIH motor leaves much to be desired. Power sucks (about 98 HP and 112 lb/ft of tourque), reliability sucks (the...
  19. CoriolisSTORM

TDI into an Ascona?

Okay gentlemen, I'm back again. I'm about to start working on my project car now. I finally went the other day and dug it out of the weeds and such. It looks to be a fun and great little car when I get it finished. So, I'd like to put a VW diesel into it, and I have a friend right now with a...
  20. CoriolisSTORM

A new project I'm about to start

Okay gentlemen, I didn't get much help over at VWvortex with this idea. Anyway, I have an 1974-75 Opel Ascona 2 door without a motor. I'm thinking about converting a VW diesel over to lateral mount and RWD. (People around here do it all the time with their Samurais and such and end up with a...