Search results

1. craig01b

Free stuff

I have a couple of mk4 manual tranny starters (used) and a brand new water pump....free to a good home.
  2. craig01b

General altimax

Looking for a single 196 65r15 winter tire....put them on the car yesterday, all good pressure still ok after all summer sit....and blew and destroyed one of the tires this morning. Anybody have one hanging around they would like to part with? I know a long shot....but why not ask!
  3. craig01b

General altimax

Looking for a single 196 65r15 winter tire....put them on the car yesterday, all good pressure still ok after all summer sit....and blew and destroyed one of the tires this morning. Anybody have one hanging around they would like to part with? I know a long shot....but why not ask!
  4. craig01b

Fuel temp sensor

My brm Jetta gave a code 000387. Mil light went on, and cleared itself!!?? A couple of times. Code finally on steady. Found sensor on front driver side of engine. Connector removed, and as I did, the corroded/broken wire popped out of the spiwrap. A delicate wire repair, but spliced in an...
  5. craig01b

Fuel temp sensor

My brm Jetta gave a code 000387. Mil light went on, and cleared itself!!?? A couple of times. Code finally on steady. Found sensor on front driver side of engine. Connector removed, and as I did, the corroded/broken wire popped out of the spiwrap. A delicate wire repair, but spliced in an...
  6. craig01b

Tdi??

Amazing, how the fervour of alh repair and upkeep disappeared as they age. Most new tdi owners are waiting for the payout. Soft cams and finicky newer models make it less fun to work on the machines, before we only wanted to figure out how to make it run better. I hope to make my current 2006...
  7. craig01b

Clutch kit 4 sale

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-transmission-drive-train/guelph/valeo-clutch/1170514595 Bought it on spec, never ended up using it. New in box
  8. craig01b

Snow tires

New insurance policy, and they gave us a discount for snow tires! Once you have put snows on all 4 corners, you will never go back to all seasons.
  9. craig01b

2006 issues

Well, the alh's have left the coop. The 2006 is a nice machine, but it is showing signs of age also as we approach 10 years. Cams....yes. Cars driven in northern ontario, and the rust is an issue. Trunk and both fenders torched. And replaced, no warranty since dings were evident on all...
  10. craig01b

Mk. V. Electrical

Ever since I bought this car, the drivers door indication has not worked, and the drivers door main speaker is inop. I assumed (wrongly) it was the door harness. Removed door skin, inspected harness and verified all wires had continuity. Suspect door switch. Speaker was an even easier...
  11. craig01b

Brm vs alh t-belt

First BRM t-belt and cam almost completed. T belt is much easier than the alh. Colt cam is in, and while the cam wear was not as bad as it could be, the lifters were a bit of a mess, with some significant wear. 2 cam lobes with very sharp edges. They were the black nitrided lifters. Easy...
  12. craig01b

Windex?

Sent a pm...u about?
  13. craig01b

LF stock springs for 2006 jetta

Car has been sitting for a couple of weeks waiting for a new cam and t-belt. Most parts assembled now, took it out to get e-test and oops, broken spring in pass side front. Passed the etest, but now looking at replacing front springs. Any of you modded guys have a set laying around? Thanks...
  14. craig01b

Bew cam useable in Brm engine?

I got a note that a BEW cam will work in a brm engine, albeit for economy and not performance. Any input?
  15. craig01b

BRM engine t-belt tool

Does anyone have one I can borrow? Not in a rush:D
  16. craig01b

Sticky front brake

My right front brake on my 06, has recently started dragging. I took it all apart, cleaned up mating surfaces, and cleaned and regreased slider pins and bushings. Caliper is in good shape, boot is intact, and no signs of any other damage. Disc and pads still in fair shape, I figure another...
  17. craig01b

Mk 5 frost heater install

I have a frost heater I removed from my mk 4. Does anyone have a picture of the recommended install position on a manual tranny mk 5. I have monkeyed around trying to find a good place, but none of them seem correct. It is not the round frost heater. I have searched online, and found some...
  18. craig01b

Alh manual transmission?

My original green 2000 tdi, with 547,000 kms on it blew the output differential on the passenger side. Engine is out of a 2003, and with an estimated 340,000 kms on it, running strong. Tranny wasn't as strong. Cost of a replacement tranny today, any ideas? Otherwise, parting out may be the...
  19. craig01b

Garage sale

12 Randell this weekend. Mk 4 turbo, oil pan, valve cover, intake.....bunch of other parts. Parts all servicible at removal. Lots of other stuff, a whole street garage sale. Cheers Craig
  20. craig01b

Alh engine mount bolt...

I was changing the oil on the 2000 last week, and was unable to get access to the plug, it was too close to the skid plate:confused:....( it has an evo aluminium plate) .dropped skid plate a little, and engine stayed put and I continued with the job. I figured the plate had gotten a good whack...