Search results

1. FormerOwner

Rear Pads

Hello! I need to change the rear pads on my Passat. I need your help. Do I simply take the tires off and then remove the caliper with my hand tools or is there a special VW tool I need to use? Has anyone done their rear pads yet and can share with me their experience(s)? Thanks in advance...
  2. FormerOwner

Fueling question

Ok TDI'ers... put your biases aside and answer this question... Why can't we fuel our Passats with a concentration of, say... >10% Biodiesel? What are the effects of running biofuels >10% in this engine? I'm seeing a growing number of fuel stations with their pumps being labeled as...
  3. FormerOwner

UAW & VW: Good or bad?

Read this news link... it's pretty intriguing politically and also could affect our VW's potentially... http://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-senator-uaw-tennessee-vws-150139280.html
  4. FormerOwner

MOBIL 1 on sale!

Hello fellow Passat TDI'ers! I found out that NAPA has Mobil 1 on sale this month for $5.99 / quart. I ordered a case of the 5w40 ESP M (6 bottles)... out the door was under $36. I am ordering another case + a Wix oil filter (yeah, I've used one already- ZERO issues) for next weekend...
  5. FormerOwner

Oil Change

Hey guys, I wanted to say thank you to the TDI club members who have posted about the quality and service associated with ID Parts.com. I am a regular customer now! That said, I completed my oil change this morning. This is the 2nd oil change I've done to it since the free 3 VW oil changes /...
  6. FormerOwner

Daytime Running Lights...

To all- Can someone tell me which of the local parts stores has our DRL bulbs? My Driver's side burnt out today and was curious if anyone here knew which store (Advance, NAPA, etc.) carried them. Thanks!
  7. FormerOwner

40K Service; E-Z Fuel Filter Change

Just completed my 40K service: Oil, filter, air filter, (pollen AF is on order)...I used my Pela Oil pump, Mobil 1 5W40 M, NAPA Oil filter, and OEM VW fuel filter element...E-Z!~ Here's the skinny on my FF change...No priming needed if you do it my way... <No pics needed unless you love to...
  8. FormerOwner

Clarification needed....

AdBlue tank capacity... 5 gallons U.S. correct? FWIW, I put in 2.5 gallons of BlueDef ($11.97 + tax @ Wal-Mart), turned the ignition to "ON" for 60 seconds, and cranked the car. AdBlue message gone (as expected per owner's manual)... reckon how long that 2.5 gallon's gonna last me ? Gimme...
  9. FormerOwner

New Shoes

Well I had to buy some new shoes for my silver bullet. The OEM Hankooks lasted right @ 35,000 with .1" left of tread. I ordered Michelin Defenders with the 90K warranty and had them installed this past Saturday morning. Great news! Quiet tire and much much much better ride quality. I am...
  10. FormerOwner

Fuel Filter Video How to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwkxiIbI0Qc
  11. FormerOwner

Napa (Wix) oil filter

Here's a link to the Wix (Napa) part number for our oil filter: http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/InterchangeMultiSearch.aspx?q=03L115562&o=me
  12. FormerOwner

Fuel Filter is EZ

Went to get my 20K VW service this a.m...I watched my tech (VW had customer service meet / greet & I got to watch them up close & personal)... Here's the procedure for the Fuel Filter change on the CKRA engine: 1. Use your Torx tools to remove the lid. Use a screwdriver to help lift the lid...
  13. FormerOwner

Road Warrior

As of today... 13,7XX miles... I drive 1,000 a week back & forth from work. No issues. Great car. Mileage varies due to driving conditions... sometimes I get 46 mpg and sometimes I get 43-44 mpg... all due to temps' and my right foot. Welcome to fall weather folks... mileage goes down a tad...
  14. FormerOwner

AOL Video: Techsplanations

An educational video you all can share with diesel doubters you all know... take a look and share: http://www.aol.com/video/techsplanations-diesel/517401600/
  15. FormerOwner

Got Touareg V10 TDI? I found one 4 sale!

To all: I found a 2006 V10 TDI Touareg for sale in Guntersville, AL (South of Huntsville). Less than 30,000 miles!!! The link to the craigslist ad is current in my opinion... it's been on the market for over 2 months... Here is the link: http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/3156154862.html...
  16. FormerOwner

Murphy USA

Guys I need some help / clarification... Tonight, I stopped by my local Murhpy USA to fuel up my 2013 Passat TDI. For the FIRST TIME EVER, I saw a sticker on the pump that says something to the effect that the pump has somewhere between B5 and B20... I pumped in 13 gallons... am I going to be...
  17. FormerOwner

Biodiesel and WVO accessories FOR SALE

Hey guys! I have a few parts that I'm willing to sell. Please read below: Battery-powered oil pump $20... retails for > $25 Metal cone that fits over a 5 gallon bucket and holds filter paper so that you can filter your WVO or Biodiesel (in case you need to). Filter paper that fits the...
  18. FormerOwner

I LOVE my Silver Bullet ! ! !

Well folks, I took delivery of my VW today. I LOVE this car. I am breaking the engine in per Drivebiwrire's instructions... absolutely a rocket to drive... I noticed several times on Interstate 85 this afternoon that I was pushing 80+ mph... the car simply is an excellent design. Shift points...
  19. FormerOwner

Maintenance FAQ's & How-To Videos

To all- I'd LOVE to see some maintenance FAQ's and how-to videos with this vehicle... just like what's in the MKIV forums... I know that some exist already but is there anyone out there who could add to the sticky? Back when I owned my 2002 Jetta Wagon 10 years ago... I was amazed and...
  20. FormerOwner

Battery Charger...

To all- I still own a solar panel battery charger that came from Wolfsburg with my 2002 VW Jetta Wagon TDI that I no longer have. However, I have my 2013 Passat SE TDI 6 Speed on order. I kept this "tool" in hopes of using it on future vehicles. My question to you all is this: will this...