Search results

1. goodmonkey

T3 Bi-Xenon bulb replacement

I had a headlight bulb go out, but I've been slow to do anything about it because I've not been driving during hours of darkness. I finally looked into how to take care of it and the service manual says simply to take out two screws and remove the back. Seems simple enough, but that isn't the...
  2. goodmonkey

Fault: AdBlue

Having "fixed" TDIs is proving to be something else. My Touareg on a drive Christmas day went into limp mode about 35 miles into a trip. We turned home and switched to the Passat for the day. I later took it into the local VW dealership and they replaced a NoX sensor, which looking through...
  3. goodmonkey

Frost Heater Install - What a pain, and now a leak

I'll be soon moving to Alaska and have plans to take my Touareg with me. A Frost Heater seems a good choice to help during the winter. I put off ordering one until it is getting time to ship the vehicle. Today I tackled it, playing contortionist as I'm laying on my back with the front end on...
  4. goodmonkey

Weird KESSY issue

This issue has started over the last week. The first time I start the car the instrument cluster will say the key is not in range. I had no problem unlocking the car with the key in my pocket. I get the key out and put it next to the steering column, press the start button, and it starts up. Any...
  5. goodmonkey

2011 VW Touareg TDI Executive - another by goodmonkey

Since the Touareg was introduced with the V10 engine I have been fascinated, as at the time I still did not have a TDI but drove a Silverado with a Duramax. It wasn't long though before I did get my first TDI, but still could not imagine ever owning a V10 beast. Fast forward to a few years...
  6. goodmonkey

MkV GLI leather seats, GTI steering wheel, others - Columbia SC

FS: MkV GLI leather seats, GTI steering wheel, others - Columbia SC All items at this time have been sold I have a few parts left over from my MkV Jetta project that I'm putting up for sale. MkV GLI Leather Seat Set - Local Pickup - $170 SOLD Not really willing to ship these due to weight and...
  7. goodmonkey

Back in the Passat World - 2014 Passat TDI SEL

After looking at some 2015 Passats I snagged a 2014 today. I talked the dealership into certifying it so I could get the CPO warranty, which also locked in their special rates on financing. I was looking hard at the 2015 models, and we previously owned a 2012 and 2015, so I knew of some of the...
  8. goodmonkey

2014 Passat TDI SEL - Another goodmonkey car

Bought this today. The picture is one I took at the dealership on my way out. There were still a few things service needed to take care of to be certified (I asked to make it a CPO car), so it is supposed to be detailed and delivered to me tomorrow. Bought from Keffer VW in Huntersville, NC...
  9. goodmonkey

New noise from '06 BRM

A new noise appeared yesterday, and I have no idea what it could be. I'm hoping that some one might have heard it before and could help point me in the direction to help fix this. It seems high pitched, almost metal on metal. I recently change the oil with Liquid Moly 5w-40, and did some...
  10. goodmonkey

1996 Passat TDI Wagon - Columbia, SC

SOLD 11/22/2015 - without the extra parts, so I'll post those up probably the end of next month. 1996 VW Passat TDI Wagon - Columbia, SC, $2500 For Sale is my 1996 VW Passat TDI Wagon. Details are as follows: Mileage: 327,616* Color: Indian Red Condition: Not too bad More Pictures...
  11. goodmonkey

2006 Jetta

Picked this up today to replace my '96 B4V. With 228k miles, it is 4k overdue for a timing belt change. I plan on parking it until I get that done, hopefully in a few weeks. I'm curious if anyone on here owned it. Last registered in Mount Pleasant, SC. Looks to have been a single owner who...
  12. goodmonkey

Leaving the group soon

The nine years or so I've owned and driven a '96 Passat TDI have been bitter sweet. When I lived in England, those two years I drove a '98 B5 Passat TDI, and it just wasn't the same, and I couldn't wait to get back into my B4. I'm starting to look towards other pastures now, keeping my eye out...
  13. goodmonkey

2014 Jetta Sportwagon TDI 6MT

[Placeholder for a better picture once I have it.] Picked it up used from the VW dealer this week. Build date of 7/2013, with 9800 miles on it. Tempest Blue with beige interior. Traded in my 2012 Passat TDI SE with 41k miles.
  14. goodmonkey

FS: 1996 B4 - wrecked

SOLD! If I knew there was a way to edit the title I would to reflect that as well. FS: 1996 Passat TDI, wrecked at 394k miles - $600 obo located in Biloxi MS. Before the accident two months ago, there were a few things wrong with the car. It was dirty, the heater flaps needed new foam...
  15. goodmonkey

Leak around injector

If this has been covered multiple times before, I do apologize, but wondered if any of you had seen this before. When I bought my B4V, the previous owner stated that there are .205 nozzles installed, and I agree there is more power than my sedan ever had, so I believe him. We did notice a fuel...
  16. goodmonkey

New to me '96 B4V

Settled on this one to replace my girl Dot (Black 1996 Passat TDI), who was totaled two weeks ago. While not as in good of shape as Dot, and I paid more for this one than I did Dot 8 years ago, it should still be a nice daily driver and decent project. Reference to Dot (must find pictures so...
  17. goodmonkey

Totaled B4, is it worth keeping the engine?

I had a good run with my B4, 8 years and only 394k miles total, though only I had the pleasure of putting 83k of those on it. I'm still waiting to hear from the insurance company on what they will give me and what the salvage fee would be. I am looking for another B4, but haven't made any...
  18. goodmonkey

My Boy Blue (B5 Passat TDI)

My UK B5 that is. It appears I can't direct link you to the image files on Flickr. Here are the pictures though, if I go through another service I'll try to update. Enjoy! http://www.flickr.com/photos/thechuckofni/sets/72157631163022016/with/7825190968/
  19. goodmonkey

2012 Passat TDI SE!

My new ride! 2012 Passat TDI SE w/DSG. It is to compliment my 1996 Passat TDI. Hope to ride in it soon, my wonderful wife picked it up for me today, and I'll get to see it in person in just over a month. More important though I get to see my wife again. :)
  20. goodmonkey

Is it worth getting into? A '10 TDI w/DSG

During my two years in Europe, I've contemplated buying a new VW when I go back State side. I've done a fair bit of research on specs for the Sportwagon, Golf, Jetta, and Passat. I've never been able to settle on one because each have something I didn't like, or something that I wanted from...