Search results

1. P

Loooking for TDI guru in Chicago land ?

Can some one recommended a good TDI wrench in the Chicago land area? I live in Aurora,IL and need a second opinion on replacing my head gasket on my b5.5 Wagon. I was told by a local VW shop (not a dealer) that it was leaking and needs to be replaced at the tune of 1,0000.... From What I know...
  2. P

Head gasket leak

How can I confirm a head gasket leak? I was told I needed new one at the cost of almost 1,000. From what I can tell their is not any oil sprayed around the engine. I don't want to get ripped off. Thanks.
  3. P

When to relpace turbo

Hi, I'm approaching 175,000 miles on my golf, and I was wondering what the lifespan of a turbo is? As of now it works great. However, I'm considering replacing it before it dies. After all, it can't last forever. Is this a good idea? From my understanding, if a turbo blows it can destroy the...
  4. P

Wiper motor not working??????

My front wiper blades stopped working this am however I can still hear the motor running when I reset them. Does this sound like the motor failed or something maybe came lose ??:confused:
  5. P

Door locks and alarm not working..HELP

My door locks and alarm stopped working after I changed out the rear break bulbs on my 2002 TDI golf. As far as I understand this should not affect the locks or does it and if not how do I start to figure out the problem? Thanks
  6. P

four wire harness replace

I'm about to replace my four wire glow plug harness on my 2002 and was thinking about just splicing it together at the top. Has any one done this and do you have any tips or do ya think I should do it the old fashion way?
  7. P

Swish Swish sound

Swish Swish sound coming from engine after starting at or near belts. Once the car is running at street speeds for a few the sound goes away. Any clue to what it might be?? One member mentioned it could be something in the timing belt path but was not sure. Thanks for any help.
  8. P

will not start???

Could a cloged manafold/EGR be behind this?? I will turn over on first crank and then ZIP on second... No Codes and was running fine untill just now.
  9. P

OBD scanner for MAC ?

Is their vw obd scanner that will work with a mac or can any one point me to a good hand held ?? thanks
  10. P

Oil change help

Hi, I went to change my oil on my new 2005 passat with my pella and I don't seem to be able to get the thing to hit the oil pan and the oil. I have been useing the pela for thee years on my TDI Golf with no problems. I've tried twisting the thing etc but don't want to force it. Any help...
  11. P

Oil change help

Hi, I went to change my oil on my new 2005 passat with my pella and I don't seem to be able to get the thing to hit the oil pan and the oil. I have been useing the pela for thee years on my TDI Golf with no problems. I've tried twisting the thing etc but don't want to force it. Any help...
  12. P

Oil change help

13. P

Oil change help

14. P

Oil change help

15. P

Glowplug light blinking??

Hi, The glowplug light on my 2002 TDI comes on about 60 seconds after the car starts and will not shut off. The car runs great does any one have a clue whats up??? Thanks.................:confused: :confused: :confused:
  16. P

Cat fuel filter and BioDiesel

Has any one had any problems with the CAT fuel filter while running BD? I'm about to put on and would like to know what to expect. Oh ya do you still need to drain the thing evry 10,000 for water?? thanks
  17. P

Pro Vent CVC

Where do I get a Pro Vent CVC filter and how do they compare to the Old Navy CVC mod??
  18. P

Diesel Geek Race Pipe and check Engine light

Does any one have any advice how to go about turning off the check engine light while running a Race pipe?? and has any one hand any problems while running the pipe???
  19. P

Delvac and Truck & SUV Mix???

Does anyone konw if Delvac and the Truck and SUV oil are the same ,but in differnt jugs?? I was planing to mix the two so their is no waste. I have some left over delvac..
  20. P

TDI SERVICE MANUAL

I OWN A 2002 GOLF TDI AND A 2005 PASSAT TDI .DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY SUGESTIONS ON A SERVICE MANUAL???