Search results

1. 0

Center console falls down with any weight on it

Looks like there are a few things that can go wrong with the center console. Any easy way of stopping the center console from falling down when weight is placed on it without converting to an 03+ type? I wasn't sure if this was a common problem. Thank you.
  2. 0

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Dropping quick. Charlottesville, VA 4.99 a gallon. Now I see 4.95 a gallon at Costco.
  3. 0

Slip on Rockers, anyone ever install a set?

I use Cosmoline RP-342 which has stopped the rust in it's tracks. Lots of valid points here. There is still alot of meat on the rockers. I pulled off the old junk still have plenty left.
  4. 0

I don't know. I remember the days of Camaros running SMC (sheet molded compound) and repairing things with fusor when panels broke without issue on the highway. Could be apples and oranges here.
  5. 0

Hi, this is exactly what I planned on for simplicity. Sorry, another family member was logged in before so reposting.
  6. 0

Hi, I have a set of these laying around and want to install them....might as well: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203117296066?ul_noapp=true What type of adhesive did/would you use? This looks to be the right stuff...
  7. 0

Virginia is a good State to skip around for a variety of reasons and Maryland had fuel tax relief recently which ended but may start again soon. Costco in Charlottesville is at 5.49 per gallon if you head that way. They are talking about lifting the fuel tax here again but thus far it has not...
  8. 0

T There was some news article about this that I didn't click recently since I am not driving as much but it was definitely up enough to generate an article.
  9. 0

Pulled oil pan, how much of the oil am I actually getting rid of?

Hey, it is my understanding that no gasket is used in this case and it is straight RTV that is used instead. Am I wrong? I like a lighter oil...lower cSt and power from a thinner oil. I don't really like to debate that though as those conversations seemed to have fallen out of favor over the...
  10. 0

Efficient Turbo Upgrade

Thanks for setting me straight. Lol @ February. I had Prius on my mind when I bought this thing....even more so when I bought this thing. I own one of them as well as I don't mind an appliance. I do like this car too though but my desire to drive hard has mostly left me. I guess in that case...
  11. 0

Efficient Turbo Upgrade

I thought that I had read with the VNT17, you can drive like a grandma with it (like I like to do) too without the vanes sticking. Maybe I misread this. Can anyone confirm?
  12. 0

Pulled oil pan, how much of the oil am I actually getting rid of?

I pulled the oil pan after jacking it up by the pan accidentally (tired and mistook it for the auto trans) and creating a small hole. :eek: I guess it isn't the worst thing on earth as I found a loose helicoil behind the drain plug when I pulled the pan and I wanted to go from a 5w30 oil to a...
  13. 0

Louisa County Virginia...was shocked to see $6.19 per gallon.
  14. 0

Smoking all the time

I am going to go with the 5w-40 version of my preferred oil now.... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KGCO4QW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  15. 0

EGR and cooler blockoff effect on mpg?

So back to the tune if at all possible. I'd rather pay to have it tuned than undo my work. Who does a good tune for this sort of thing?
  16. 0

What inconsequential thing? 1/100th the effort of what? Drinking a soda and typing on a keyboard? Doesn't bug me one bit. Please be specific. Not concerned with the EGR clogging. Someone else said that not me. As far as maintaining the car how do you know that the rest of the car is not...
  17. 0

Please define a broken car. This statement is confusing.
  18. 0

Thanks everyone. I'd also really like to hear from someone here who just lives with the check engine light and didn't do a retune. I know that they are here. How much of a fuel economy hit did they take if at all?
  19. 0

My search here shows that people have broken these in the past so it's probably not too uncommon. Bellows meaning the part that is flexible coming off of the turbo heading upwards from the engine. TBH, I don't want to go back in there and start returning bypass kits etc. and redoing everything...
  20. 0

Do you know of a tuner who can turn it off for the $100 price mark or a full retune that does not increase torque/HP in lieu of that?