Search results

1. J

15 golf TDi struts question

Ok thanks wasn't to sure.... i only see a few at rock auto Here . Im not sure that he was talking about over looking that page but all i can tell whats diffrent beside one saying Without Electronic Suspension
  2. J

15 golf TDi struts question

What do i have in the back? if i have the soild beam not IDS. Im looking to buy my own struts but not sure what i need for the back. Also shop said i might need some leveling ones... no idea what he was talking about but the price did jump up alot for them so i was confused.
  3. J

Water in tail light lots!

Yeah I just drained mine again today. Have some cool picture but can't upload here. The water seems to be getting in from the black rubber part on the inside case housing. The brown wire was layed wrong and was smashed in the rubber Durning assembly I assume. That or the whole tail light is...
  4. J

Replacement fuel filter question.

My replacement fuel filter didn't come with the blue ring on it like the OEM one. Did I need to take that off and put it on the new filter? I didn't install it cuz it looked like the new one had a black lip on top doing the same thing.
  5. J

Water in tail light lots!

So after a few major rain storm here in Cali I've notice my passenger tail light has a lot of water in it. I took out the tail light and about a cup of water came out when I tipped it. Is this from the first seal on the car side black rubber? The one you have to remove to get the brown wire off...
  6. J

87.7 Radio Fix

LMAO i thought my car was going nuts. Ive been away to long. How do u look up the version? This 87.7 would make me laugh cuz i did tune in the station i had and it was delayed signal by 20sec.
  7. J

ERROR: Service vehicle. Only leave vehicle in P position

Wait what theirs logs? dealer never told me they can look it up. Ive had this problem since 2016 on and off. i had to drive around with a dash cam on my steering wheel to catch the error.. lol This is good news for me mine would Ill have to keep checking in. Thanks
  8. J

How to remove panel above rear window.

Yes im talking about the headliner i guess. i need to get in there. where do i pull it at?
  9. J

Wobbles at 35 to 40 after phase 2

The front left tire was oval shaped worn down. from what I'm guessing either is burnouts from quick acceleration or braking that was the cause of the problem. Im still getting used to the amount of torque in this car. So i got 35k out of the fronts from dealer. Not bad? Oh the right side was...
  10. J

When phase2 was worked on i remember reading of any recall or fix will be done at this time.. I should really read that work order i got to double check. Im not talking about the after dribbles from the sprayer. Hatch? Its inside my cab on the light graypart. I know it comes off cuz when i had...
  11. J

My steering wheel and car wobble n shake. Ill look over my work order after work but they did say my rear did need adjustment. But it didn't look right on paper. Thr toe was perfect and each rear wheel needed like 1.02 adjusting.. I drove it 800 miles right after the shop.noticed it around 240...
  12. J

How can i open that area up? I need to check where my leak is coming from. Whenever i run the rear washer for 5 sec i get alot of water dripping down in my cab.
  13. J

So i got my car back last week and notice a little wobble at 35-40 mph at 1200rpms did they miss install something? I can always get it to happen at 35 but not at lower gears (dsg) anyone else get a wobble after phase2?
  14. J

TDI Phase 2

Thanks guys found my claim number and the local vwdealer has everything ready. Just waiting on my beater i mean loaner. Triedmy hardest to get a free oil change out of them but they kept looking at me like i was b.s... Even said ill take it 30 miles to another dealer.
  15. J

TDI Phase 2

Where was this claim number at? im miles away from all my documents from phase 1 stuff and nothing n my old emails. An the dealership wasn't to sure they have it on records.
  16. J

TDI Phase 2

So i did the whole phase 1 fix, got the money. How do i start phase 2 fix? Do i go on that online court thing or just call the dealer?
  17. J

cab roof metrial?

Um what is it made of? Looking the right stuff to clean makeup and i think oil off my visor area.
  18. J

FS - US - 90631 mk7 OEM roof rack 320

Selling my OEM roof rack. Only missing some kinda installation card for window. Unless i missed it in the box which i have still didn't need to to install. Drove it around town and didn't like it. Low mileage. Msg me
  19. J

Error msg popping up

Im getting random 2 second errors when driven around town and on long trips.. The errors or so short that by the time i hear the ding and look down its gone. So one day i decide to strap on a chest cam and do some runs around town. The error message is this "error: Service vehicle. Only leave...
  20. J

How bad are short drives for the TDI?

The reason why short drives are bad for any car is the water that comes off the oil and other parts will do some damage to the engine over a long time. Its better to run the engine 30m or more to burn off this excess water build up. This is what my hot rod mechanic told me about his cars.