Search results

1. J

TDI R.I.P. ?

My 2000 Jetta GLS TDI is back to the shop for yet *another* CHECK ENGINE light. Seems the MAF Sensor at 28,000 and again at 40,000 and again at 51,000 wasn't enough. It's lonely for the guys in the shop. In fact it was so homesick for them that at 40,000 it not only needed the standard 40K...
  2. J

A4 Timing belt change procedure request

Has anyone done an A4 version of Drivbiwire's classic treatise on TB replacements (see the archives for his missive on the A3 version)? I did catch the pix he's got on the net (http://www.cst.cmich.edu/users/willi1gl/tbelt2/tbelt2.html) but was looking to see if there's anyone with a photo/text...
  3. J

Belly pan for 2000 Jetta TDI

Anyone know where I can get a metal belly pan for a 2000 Jetta TDI w/Automatic? The plastic one is a 3 piecer that works very well going forward but if you catch it on something backing up it'll rip right off. There's a metal one that's a single piece, slightly different design that won't rip...
  4. J

MAF Replacement at 35K & 9 months

So, my car gives me the "I'm not a turbo anymore" performance and lights up the CEL. I take it to my kindly dealer who figures out that the ECU is telling him the MAF is bad & the EGR is reading low. OK I says to him, fix it...well maybe we can do it tomorrow, or the day after, surely not later...
  5. J

Timing Belt Replacemen Change

I was at my dealer the other day to have him check my check engine light when I complained about having to take the car in for the 40,000 mile timing belt change. He (Vance at Danbury VW in Danbury CT) told me that they had just gotten word that the change interval for the belt had been changed...
  6. J

Jetta CD Changer Installation

Ok, I did it and am very happy --- installed my cd changer today. For those still on the fence, or who haven't been able to figure out the steps, here's how to go about adding a CD changer to your Y2K Jetta (I'm making no warranties as to any other model since I haven't acutally done it to any...
  7. J

Jetta CD Changer Installation

Ok, I did it and am very happy --- installed my cd changer today. For those still on the fence, or who haven't been able to figure out the steps, here's how to go about adding a CD changer to your Y2K Jetta (I'm making no warranties as to any other model since I haven't acutally done it to any...
  8. J

Using Heating Oil & Taxes

I hate to re-open this discussion considering the commentary that is sure to come...but...as I was doing my taxes tonight (a day early here in CT since Massachusetts took today off as a holiday & that's where I mail my forms to) I encountered a fuel-tax question. Using Turbo-Tax's interview...