Search results

1. T

VW/Audi OEM rain repellant

I'm a bit confused here, lol. So I called the closest Audi dealer to me and they don't sell either the concentrate or the pre-mixed bottles of the OEM VW/Audi rain repellant. I called the VW dealer close to me and they only have the concentrate. I checked online and I can't find the...
  2. T

FS: VW Cargo mat with block from 2013 TDI Passat

I got rid of my 2013 TDI Passat after having the turbo replaced. I kept the OEM VW cargo mat with blocks. They are just wasting away in my garage. I live in Manassas, VA. Willing to ship or if you're local you can pick up. The mat and blocks are in excellent condition. No damage, no...
  3. T

So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, good bye!

Hi all, it brings me great regret that I must inform you that I have traded my 2013 Passat TDI SEL Prem. in for this....... Since my turbo failure, I was having hard time trusting my Passat again. I couldn't take a chance that myself and/or wife and kids could possibly get hurt if the...
  4. T

Have there been any Q5/Q7 TDI turbo failures?

Hi all, I'm looking to replace my 2013 Passat TDI SEL Prem. with another TDI vehicle, my turbo failed on it this past Saturday(3.22.14). The turbo failed when I was on the interstate and almost got rear ended 3 times, b/c I couldn't accelerate fast enough to get of the following traffic's way...
  5. T

MFI Toggle switch is flakey

Anyone having/had issues with their MFI toggle switch on the steering wheel? Last night while driving home, I went to use it to switch to a diff. metric on the display, and when I pushed the down button, it was limp (for the lack of a better word, lol), and I had to push pretty hard for it to...
  6. T

Key not in range

Good morning all! For the past week to 10 days, I've been getting the "key not in range" message with two diff. key fobs. It can happen at various times, either when I go to start the car using the start button, or like today as I was reverse parking it popped up again. I did a search but...
  7. T

Fuel range thru MFI readout seems to be quite off

So about 3 weeks ago, I brought my 2013 Passat TDI SEL Prem. in to get a 3rd key programmed. Took about 1.5 hours and the tech was finished. When I get back in my car, I first noticed my tripometer was reset to zero (that screwed my Fuelly entry up for this tank), not sure why the tech reset...
  8. T

wasting time and fuel to cooldown turbo in winter?

Hi all, since weather is colder now, am I just wasting time and fuel letting the engine idle after driving my Passat TDI? Lately I've parked the car after my travels, let engine idle for about 30 secs. Then shut off. I don't monitor regen's although Im ready to invest in a scangauge. But if...
  9. T

I finally broke into the 800 mile club

Last night I made it into the 800 mile club. Im constantly monitoring my MPG's and miles per tank, and when I noticed at about half tank I was at about 460 miles I had a good feeling I was going to break 800. And last night on my 4th tank of fuel I stop to refuel @ 804.4 miles, with about 10...
  10. T

Stiff brake pedal feel when starting car

Hi all, I've notice for about the past 2 weeks or so, that when I go to press the brake pedal to start the car, that its stiff to push. At times I can't start the car b/c I havent pushed the pedal down far enough for the ECU to acknowledge it. Normally it would be very easy to push down to...
  11. T

DSG question

Im new to VW's and from what I gather on this forum and myturbodiesel and VW Vortex is that the DSG trans is a manual trans but controlled by the cars ECU or TCM. So later on down the road will I need to change out the flywheel or clutch discs, etc., like I would with a normal manual trans? Or...
  12. T

Gritty engine acceleration

Hi all, I've noticed here and there that sometimes when I accelerate from a near dead stop and/or a dead stop, that once I accelerate and kind of give the pedal a firmer press to have a brisk acceleration, I sometimes feel a "gritty" vibration during the acceleration, I feel it in the "diesel"...