Search results

1. dieselpower2010

Front wheel hub bearing making noise after only 50K miles

Thanks alot for the info. I didn't figure it couldn't be that hard i just am used to the old replaceable bearing that are serviceable and greaseable that like you said seem to last forever. If VW covers it i will not do it myself, if they don't then i will be doing it myself.
  2. dieselpower2010

Because it is a bearing it is not covered under the power train warranty but i think that i will be able to get VW to cover it anyway. I am in that process with them now cause i think that a bearing going out at 50K is bull!
  3. dieselpower2010

Does anyone know if it is a hard thing to change yourself or do i need to find a local guru?
  4. dieselpower2010

I am behind the curve then cause this is the first i am hearing that this was a common problem, but thanks for the info Westro.
  5. dieselpower2010

So a little pissed off right now. Thought that the noise coming from the front of the car was a tire issue. Turns out that it's not. Put new tires on yesturday and the noise is still there. So the only logical conclusion is a wheel hub and bearing going bad. Finding it hard to understand...
  6. dieselpower2010

VCDS around E city, NC

it is not hard, i have done my reasearch on how to do it. i just need someone with vcds that is willing to come help me like next weekend one day if possible. i just appriciate the help cause it will be so much easier then haveing to remove the back seat to jumper the tank pump to get fuel to...
  7. dieselpower2010

VCDS around E city, NC

Wondering if anyone has a laptop with vcds around camden county, elizabeth city area. i am trying to get my fuel filter service done on my 2010 and i need a vcds to run the fuel pumps the easy way instead of jumping the pumps. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
  8. dieselpower2010

Jetta TDI under investigation for fuel leaks

GTIDan i just pulled the cover off my 2010 and it has 35,000 on it and nothing dry as a bone. which is what i figured i would find but i think that i will take it in anyway and see what they do to it. i will post before and after when it gets done.
  9. dieselpower2010

About to deploy and need some info for car lay up

Thanks gents and trust me i would never divulge to much info.
  10. dieselpower2010

About to deploy and need some info for car lay up

I am about to deploy to afghanistan for a year or a little longer. I was wondering if there is anything special i should do to my engine, fuel ect to prepare it to sit in the garage for a year or so? Thanks in advance for any help.
  11. dieselpower2010

2010 Sedan, Help Identify this wire

I just got my car back from an accident like that it was to the drivers side and it shifted the whole front end to my passanger side. I need radiator mounts, front bumper and all the chrome pieces to go with it, both headlights, both fenders, a new frame rail on the drivers side, and that is...
  12. dieselpower2010

2010 Sedan, Help Identify this wire

I look on my 2010 and it seems to go to a green plug on the side of the head light but i can't seem to figure out what the plug goes to. The link should take you to the album on photobucket. http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/ariel042200/Forum%20album/ Let me know if you can't get to the...
  13. dieselpower2010

Looking to change headlights

Ok thanks for that exact answer i will have to just get the led strips and find a way to make them look nice in factory jetta headlights cause i think they look sick in the audi headlights.
  14. dieselpower2010

Thanks for that. That is more insight. I just wasn't sure where to start looking or what to look at specific for fit.
  15. dieselpower2010

Low Sulfur 500ppm

That maybe but all i know is i had clogged fuel filter with a fill up at a bp. I don't know if there tanks were dirty or if it was a chance of bad delivery but i will not fuel at a bp ever again. I switch to shell at 6000 miles and have been using them since and had no bad fuel since.
  16. dieselpower2010

I was wondering if anyone knows if a Audi headlight (the ones with the led strips in them) will fit in the 2010 jettas? I really like them but looking at there shape they dont look like they will work no matter what Audi car you look at.
  17. dieselpower2010

Low Sulfur 500ppm

That maybe and frankly i dont care what Bp does cause i refuse to fill up with them i will only fill up with shell. But anyway to answer you question it was about 3 months ago or so that i asked the question so maybe they have change but i wont go back to check.
  18. dieselpower2010

Low Sulfur 500ppm

I don't deny that at all. The only reason i know this is cause we filled our military vehicles up there and then i went back to ask them cause i noticed it was labeled as 500ppm and they showed me the delivery slip. I wouldn't use it.