Search results

1. Plus 3 Golfer

Literature Search on Technical and Scientific Aspects of Biofuel Use

I don't know whether this is the most appropriate place for this (mods please move to appropriate forum) but I recently found this report which summarizes the available literature on the technical aspects of biofuels with links to many of the reports. I quickly perused it and have seen / read...
  2. Plus 3 Golfer

2009 TDI Cranks but No Start

After returning home from lunch, about 3 hours later I tried to start car and it would crank but not start. This is what I did: 1) Scanned car: 3 intermittent faults 00576 - Terminal 15 012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit - Intermittent 00883 - Ignition Switch (D) Terminal S 012 - Electrical...
  3. Plus 3 Golfer

2009-2011 Jetta & Golf MPG vs MPH and RPM

There seems to be a thread every week or so of members concerned about their fuel economy (FE) being too low or not what they expected. Since we don't know their driving style, driving conditions, and so forth, about all we can say is that their FE seems too low compared to ours and maybe give a...
  4. Plus 3 Golfer

Top Ten Summer Road Trip Cars for 2010

And the 2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Wagon beats them all including the 2010 BMW 3-Series Wagon, 2010 Audi A6 Avant, and 2010 Porsche Panamera. But what's most important is it's one notch ahead of the 2010 Toyota Prius.:D I've taken my TDI on two 5k road trips and two 2k road trips and from a...
  5. Plus 3 Golfer

HPFP Warranty is 5 Years / 60k Miles

I hope this clears up the misinformation as to whether the HPFP is covered under the Powertrain Warranty (5/60) or the fuel system warranty (3/36). This is the response I got from Customer Care on warranty coverage of the fuel system components. So, if the HPFP grenades all direct damages...
  6. Plus 3 Golfer

DSG Adaptation

For the first 28k miles my DSG shifted smoothly with no bumps, jerks, or hesitation as many have described. About 2 week ago I noticed an abrupt change in the behavior of my DSG. I decided to drive it for 2 weeks to see if the abrupt behavior would revert back to normal or stay the same. The DSG...
  7. Plus 3 Golfer

Dealer / VW Response to Fuel Filter Metal Contamination

As some may know about 300 miles ago at about 26k miles I inspected my FF for metal contamination. I had previously inspected the FF at about 22k miles and found no contamination (it was pristine). This time I found metal contamination as shown in pic below. An inspection of the HPFP regulator...
  8. Plus 3 Golfer

DPF Warranty - Help translate VW's Response

DPF Warranty -- Help translate VW's Response There have been several posts / threads on the warranty coverage of the diesel particuate filter with no conclusive answers that I could find. So, I sent an e-mail to VW and specifically ask "is the diesel particluate filter covered under the Federal...
  9. Plus 3 Golfer

2009 2010 CR HPFP Adversely Affected by Lubricity > 460?

If appears that's the consensus of Bosch, Dephi, Continental, Stanadyne and Denso. I know there's a lot of threads on using fuel additives including biodiesel in the common rail CBEA engines to increase lubricity but I don't recall seeing this Sept. 2009 position paper referenced anywhere...