Search results

1. Plus 3 Golfer

Official list of HPFP Failures

I posted the snippet shown below in Sept 2011 from my CD service manual. To me it is very clear that the fuel system should be primed with VCDS when changing the FF.
  2. Plus 3 Golfer

Yes, I used DK for the 1st 20k+ miles and then switched to B2. But, I still believe that the dealer may have contributed to my failure at the 20k "free" FF change by perhaps not running the pumps to purge air from the system. It was several 1000 miles after the FF change that I noticed...
  3. Plus 3 Golfer

GTIDan, I was one that gave you a hard time about your position on the failures. This is my first post since I sold my car in Dec. 2012 at about 70 k miles. Even with a new HPFP at 44 k miles, I didn't (and still don't) trust VW to continue to cover these failures forever as I would have...
  4. Plus 3 Golfer

NHTSA Update on CR HPFP failure investigation

In looking at Ziggy's spreadsheet with HPFP data, there appears to be no MY 2013 vehicles listed. We need MY 2013 owners to snap a pic of their HPFP and post in this thread.
  5. Plus 3 Golfer

LOL, at least one honest SW. The VW warranty spreadsheet shows that South Towne has done 9 and Cutrubus 8. I guess the South Towne SW was out of the office each of the 2 weeks the 9 were in for repair.
  6. Plus 3 Golfer

40k service

Are you sure you are not confusing "maintenance" with the CPO B2B limited warranty for 2years / 24K miles?
  7. Plus 3 Golfer

40k service

BBD, the service order mentions "perform attached list of operations." Did you sign anything pre-service acknowledging an "attached list"? You should always agree ahead of time on what is to be done. For example, it's okay to let them "inspect" items but you should always not authorize...
  8. Plus 3 Golfer

Yep, everytime I've filled at a BP station (usually on trips) after I found out about that sticker, that sticker has been in place and there has also been a sticker that says "may contain upto X% biodiesel". I believe that it's the possible addition of biodiesel to the fuel that BP feels...
  9. Plus 3 Golfer

I think the salient points are found in the conclusion that Ethanol was found in 4 of 6 diesel underground storage tanks. They couldn't identify the source but one must remember that tanker trucks that deliever diesel also deliver ethanol-blended gasoline. Apparently the HPFP can't handle...
  10. Plus 3 Golfer

Thread Separation

IMHO, this does not look like typical feathering, virtually all edges of the tread between the groves appear to be seperating and eventually large chunks of rubber break away. The tread between the groves also looks fairly flat and the tire grooves appear to look about the same depth. Argue...
  11. Plus 3 Golfer

40k service

So why are they adding a 12 ounce bottle of BG super cool to the coolant? Why are they using BG Frigi-Fresh® (duct work odor remover)? And how about BG 885 Battery Cleaner? And what did they degrease with the RED DEGREASER? And last I'd guess the BG 84032 is Dot 4 brake fluid? The...
  12. Plus 3 Golfer

Thread Separation

I assume you are referring to the "chunks" of rubber that appears to have been gouged out. A couple of gouges are normal but if all your tires have gouges like appear in the pic, then I'd say that is not normal. If the dealer sells Continental tires, they should be able to handle the...
  13. Plus 3 Golfer

another hpfp failure

Interesting conclusions in the report. Ethanol was found in 4 of 6 diesel underground storage tanks. A likely source is tanker trucks that also deliver ethanol-blended gasoline. Unfortunately, apparently the HPFP can't handle this blend. :rolleyes:
  14. Plus 3 Golfer

I really don't believe the data. As I've said before where are the early warranty failures. Rememer NHTSA began their investigation in Aug. 2010. If you are to believe VW, the new XHistorical spreadsheet contains a complete history of the issue. When I have time (or someone else can do it)...
  15. Plus 3 Golfer

It is normalized by sales in each state. Of course, simply because the car was sold in a state doesn't mean it remains in the state nor does it mean that the repair was performed in the state it was sold. The calculation is % = vehicles repaired in state / vehicles sold in state * 100. I...
  16. Plus 3 Golfer

Unfortunately, there is nothing to indicate that the failure % (no misfuels) will not increase significantly as the fleet ages (remember no more MY 2009 - 2012 are being built). Misfuels represent about 1/3 of the XChart Historical data. VW has "fixed", in their eyes, the potential misfuel, HPFP...
  17. Plus 3 Golfer

Help with purchase decision!

Really, where did you get your data.:rolleyes: I'd say ithe 2010 MY TDI are a lot more than 1% excluding misfuels.
  18. Plus 3 Golfer

Guess which dealer has done the most Warranty Repairs? Open the multimedia file to see more.:D
  19. dealer_warranty_repairs

dealer_warranty_repairs

20. Plus 3 Golfer

In switch loading even if there is RUG in the tanker, you still need an ignition source. Static discharge of mixing and flowing fuel is a well known phenomenon. Lowering the initial flow rate of ULSD into the tanker limits the build up of voltage potential as the ULSD is pumped in. My guess is...