Search results

1. T

98 AHU manual, VSS, what did i break?

Scary electrical whine started coming from behind the dash - dropped car off at shop today for new ignition switch :)
  2. T

A3, clutch slipping.

I did my clutch a couple weeks ago. I was intending to do a sachs vr, Kerma talked me into the South Bend stg2 - I am *very* happy with it.
  3. T

AHU Longevity

230k my on ahu, installed a new bigger turbo, found old turbo to be in perfectly usable condition. First 180k was with dino oil, switched to Synth as soon as i took ownership
  4. T

2 hours of diagnostic charges later, we have determined its the ignition switch. Going to ignore it for now, if/when the problem occurs, bumping the key a bit fixes it. YAAAAY ELECTRICAL GREMLINS BE GONE!
  5. T

Head lights (low beam only) and wipers - Intermittently cease functioning. While they are not functioning, the Parking brake indicator light on the dash illuminates dimly. If I put the brake on while this is happening, it lights up properly. I have not been able to figure out any specific...
  6. T

Last night cleaned / replaced all engine grounds. Removed battery tray, visually inspected everything I could find. After all this was done, hopped in the car, key to on, OH LOOK, hand brake light is on. What else did i find - NO HEADLIGHTS!!! High beams work, no low beams. Reseated the...
  7. T

Rainstorm for todays drive in, terrifying when the wipers stopped - Twice while making a right turn, turn signal on, the wipers stopped, brake indicator came on. Started / turned off as soon as blinker turned off. Later tried to repeat this, wipers were unaffected by blinkers. Tried the 4...
  8. T

speedometer causes 1600rpm shudder

Have this same shudder at low rpm 5th gear. Just installed a new VSS, will see if shudder has disappeared. k03/04 hybrid, sprint520, tuning, straight pipe turbo back
  9. T

New VSS installed, speedo and fuel gauge work fine now. Revisiting the brake indicator - Drove in with my wipers on. A few times the wipers would pause mid stroke for half a second, the brake indicator turns on. Later in my drive the wipers stopped for a good minute, light on fully lit the...
  10. T

To add to the weirdness, the hand brake indicator was softly illuminated for part of todays drive. It turned off on its own after making a left turn.
  11. T

Ordered a 191 919 149D from local dealership, will have it thursday. Matt - will def look into that, thanks for the tip.
  12. T

Replaced clutch over the weekend, car drives great, broke some things - Pulled vehicle speed sensor off the transmission by accident, breaking it in several pieces. I can read a partial part number, 191 919 1xx - the rest is gone. Can anyone come up with the remainder of this part number? I...
  13. T

Bucking in low gear, shaking in high gear

When i bought the car Feb 1st, IQ was at 1. I was able to raise it via software to ~1.2 if i recall. As for when I hammered, each time soft value was back to default value. I figure default value leaves the mechanism 'centered' so that after I hammer to the value reccomended, the ecu could...
  14. T

This seems a possible explanation, but riddle me this - Why does it only happen in 5th gear in the 40-55mph range? I have a VCDS and can easily replicate this issue, Anyone know the groups to log to try to prove/disprove this theory? -- Is the data sampling rate even high enough to catch...
  15. T

I have the same/similar problem - ~42-48mph, 5th gear. Car will shake violently somewhere in the 1500-1800 range. Feels like a big impact gun/wrench is powering the car instead of the engine. Letting off the go pedal the slightest OR pushing it down the slightest and the shaking goes away. I do...
  16. T

leak at coolant flange

I just replaced a flange on my mk3, actually the first part listed via your link. Maybe a half hour job? Socket wrench, socket, an extension or two. Drain some coolant out, when you pull off the hoses it will go everywhere.
  17. T

65535 - ECU hose replaced - CEL came back this morning

I just went through this a few weeks ago. Replaced all lines from IC nipple to inside the ecu. Code kept coming back. I used 4mm hose. Pressure tested the lines, found leak at the nipple inside the ecu. Replaced this little segment with 3 mm hose, almost two weeks now without a CEL :) This...
  18. T

98 Jetta, 220k miles, CEL

Mechanic said 5# leak over 1 minute is not acceptable. replaced tube inside ecu with a smaller ID hose. Pressure tested system again, no leakdown. Cleared code, went for a short drive, so far so good. Thank you all for the advice :)
  19. T

Nozzles are a week or two out still. Not sure how to define the tune. As I understand it, it is custom built around the future nozzles and other misc info about the car I sent them.
  20. T

Got a fedex envelope this morning. CHIPS!!! Dropped em in and went for a test drive. Soooo happy with the upgrade. Two thumbs up for Kermatdi for this amazing tune.