Search results

1. B

Newbie wanting wheels and tires

Yeah, me too. I am interested in helping the newbies on any forum that I am on. Here, I AM the newby.
  2. B

Actually I, of course, started by saying that "I need a wheel lock key for my '06 Beetle TDI." Then they explained that there was more than one, which I didn't know. They explained this without attempting to make themselves look all knowing and me an idiot. And they took their time and patience...
  3. B

Being that I am new to having a new beetle, I was unaware that there were several different locks for my year. And your snarky reply wasn't the least bit helpful. Maybe next time spare the newbie the sarcastic reply and simply try to inform them instead of trying to show your superiority. I DID...
  4. B

The tires are just Cooper's so they are probably safe too. And I agree about the locks. Once had a lock strand me beside the road. Not fun!
  5. B

Geeminy crickets! I'm a BIG guy and even with a cheater bar, it took all my **** to break the first two loose! They popped like rifle shots when they came loose! THEN I hadda use a pretty big hammer to get them off the flange! Sure glad I'm doing this in a heated garage with an impact and the...
  6. B

Thank-you Andy Mohr Volkswagen of Avon, In. They had one in stock and were open late enough for us to get it! Super nice guys.
  7. B

@#$%^& Anybody got a spare volkswagen wheel lock key in West Central Indiana they want to sell or even rent out? These darn old wheels have the key locks and my bug didn't come with one! I have a new set of tires and new-to-me wheels that I want to put on in the worst way and......
  8. B

Got a set of 15" off a Jetta.
  9. B

They charge per wheel and I think that will make them too expensive for my taste.
  10. B

I THINK the TDI has 300?
  11. B

Dang varmits!!!

We bought an '06 Beetle TDI (first VW TDI) with 83K on it. Drove it to Florida and back from West Central Indiana with no problems. We knew it needed the timing belt changed and all maintenance (looked like PO just drove it and ignored maintenance). Had to park it outside of the garage while we...
  12. B

STILL haven't found any wheels locally.
  13. B

What did you do to your MKIV today?

I replaced the glow plugs in our 88K TDI Beetle. Then checked the codes and got a PO 183 and PO 727. It sat for a few weeks as we did other projects and now will not start. I was HOPING it was the glow plugs. Now I'm guessing engine speed sensor or bad wires.
  14. B

Just completed our first trip

Over the years, we have driven almost every variation of this trip we could think of. Going back over these routes are like visiting old friends.
  15. B

We took a few. We always take pics at lake Toho in St Cloud of each vehicle we have taken down. My Grandmother lived in St Cloud, Fl for 22 years and we (my wife and I and eventually our son) went down every April and October. We have been married going on 48 years and we have made the trip over...
  16. B

WTB glove box door or handle for 06 Beetle

Our handle/latch on our glove box gave up the ghost on out trip to Florida. I don't know if I can just get the latch or if I should just get the whole door.
  17. B

Left on Wednesday afternoon from west central Indiana to Central Florida and back on Sunday afternoon. 2241 miles with 80+ mph on the way down and plenty of backroads on the way back. Highest price of diesel was in Greencastle, In on the way out and the cheapest was in Henderson, Ky on the way...
  18. B

I've gotta take pics of these rashed up wheels. We just did a 2241 mile trip from west central Indiana to Florida (Space center to St. Cloud (Orlando-ish). Left 4 PM Wednesday afternoon and made it back on Sunday at 6:07 PM. Ran 80+ on interstate and whatever everyone else was running on the...
  19. B

Any pics and price? (Roadtrip!)