Search results

1. J

MKIV Jetta subframe alignment

Does anybody know if the MKIV requires a subframe alignment? Was under the car looking for the alignment holes that VW tool 3393 fits into and couldn't locate them.
  2. J

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Replaced the blower motor resistor after lost all AC, and settings 1, 2, and 3 on HVAC.
  3. J

Panzer Plate vs ECS Tuning Aluminum Street Shield Skid Plate

I've had the Panzer full metal jacket setup for about three years now. Absolutely love it and worth the price. Only complaint I have is that you still have to remove the whole skid plate to change the oil, even if you order the one with the hole cut out to access the oil drain plug. If you leave...
  4. J

It was after removing the steering column shroud, which meant that I had to take off the steering wheel again, which isn't difficult, but not ideal.
  5. J

Replaced my cruise control/turn signal stalk because I thought it was faulty and the reason why my cruise (set) function did not work. It's been not working for about six months now but just got around to replacing it. After it first went out I tried the method of removing the back of the stalk...
  6. J

Side marker lamp moisture (fenders).

Blue painter's tape may be necessary. I left it on for a full day so it would keep pressure on the lens while the silicone cured.
  7. J

Side marker lamp moisture (fenders).

I had the same issue with mine. A couple summers ago I took the lenses off and applied silicone sealant around the inside lip. Been dry ever since.
  8. J

Broken mk4 door card

Hot glue isn't necessary, there is no movement whatsoever from the ties. You may notice hot glue residue on the back of the door card in some of my pics. This was due to trial and error of me attempting to reattach it with hot glue before I realized that it wasn't going to work and figured out...
  9. J

Broken mk4 door card

Hi, tobert. You are right in thinking about zipties. I used this exact same method and they are the definitely the way to go. I took video of the project and steps from start to finish but I just never uploaded it, which I should. I would recommend using one size smaller ziptie than what I used...
  10. J

EGR dilemma

Have had the symptoms of a cracked egr cooler lower pipe(exhaust noise/high pitch whistling) for the past couple of months. Confirmed last weekend by Ben (great TDI mechanic) when pulled the skid plate and saw black exhaust soot all over the egr cooler itself. I also discover a sheered off piece...
  11. J

steering wheel question

Thanks for the offer, but I recently switched from gray to black myself. :D
  12. J

steering wheel question

Ok, thanks. My crappy foam/rubber wheel is falling apart so I am wanting to get a nice 3 spoke one like you have.
  13. J

steering wheel question

I have the 4 spoke foam/rubber non-multifunction steering wheel in my '04 Jetta. Does anybody know if it has a single stage or dual stage airbag? Thanks.
  14. J

Put the Blizzak's back on for the winter ahead. Replaced the crappy OEM Enertec battery with an EverStart Maxx Lead Acid H7 purchased from Wally World. Also, got my JL Audio Stealthbox in the mail today. Anybody that's owned one, can you confirm whether or not the bolt that the spare tire...
  15. J

PD BEW won't start after Diesel Purge

Well, I successfully started and finished the purge without any issues. Turns out all the air in the lines was the problem. This time I eliminated my whole setup from the pic above, aside from maintaining the loop from the feed to the return on the filter. I used just my existing fuel lines and...
  16. J

Wait, I think I may have figured out what happened. If you look at the below pic, notice that there is no Diesel Purge in the lines, instead it is just filled with air. So, once I started the car up all of that air was sucked into the fuel lines, consequently causing the car to die mid-purge. If...
  17. J

Headliner Replacement & Considering Antenna Replacement

Using some sort of fabric that has stretch to it is going to be your biggest advantage, otherwise it's nearly impossible to do it right. Also, do yourself a favor and get this High heat resistant adhesive. It works much better than 3M in areas that get a lot of direct sunlight, like the A & C...
  18. J

Would like to get together, undoubtedly two minds are greater than one, but I am a bit leery of attempting this again. The car wasn't running badly before. It recently surpassed 100,000 miles and figured that it could benefit from this treatment. I just don't want to stress my car anymore than...
  19. J

I did put a little breather hole in the top, which was made with a 1/8" drill bit. Do you suppose it is not letting enough air through? The first time I did not have this green lid on it. That's how the hose fell out.
  20. J

Well, now I am convinced that my car is allergic to Diesel Purge. :D I gave it one last attempt, this time leaving the #28 lift pump fuse in. I hooked the entire contraption up again, and within a minute it stalled. After I unhooked everything and put it back to normal, I primed the system half...