Search results

1. A

1999 S10 ZR2 BHW Swap

Big thing with angles as far as transmission output and diff input is they should be as close as possible to each other. Basically they need to be parallel. Say if the engine/transmission output is 5 degrees, the differential should be as close to 5 degrees as possible as well. When the angles...
  2. A

CJAA pin outs

I know this is a dead thread. Have you gotten anywhere on this?
  3. A

CBEA engine swap questions

From what I have read, the newer cars have much more tied to the canbus and resources are shared for some things. I originally wanted a BHW but the Passat market is getting quite sparse in my area, so I had to opt for a newer car, along with the additional headaches of making it standalone for a...
  4. A

I'm not sure what ECM it uses, I just picked up the car Monday and haven't taken anything apart yet. I'd like to keep the car, but space is a premium since I am using someone elses shop and can't have crap laying about their yard, hence the reason of this thread to ask what parts over and above...
  5. A

1999 S10 ZR2 BHW Swap

Good to see you're back at it and making some progress.
  6. A

Picked up a 2009 Jetta for a decent price with a healthy engine for a parts donor. My plan is to TDI swap a Ford Ranger. Through several years of lurking around this place, I've learned quite a bit about what is involved to pull off one of these swaps. I know I'll have to send my ECM off to...
  7. A

///// 1990 F250 /////

A stock or mildly tuned TDI would be close in numbers with the old 300 I6, no way it will make 460 numbers reliably for any length of time or have decent driveability. My 97 F250 needs the mildly modified 7.3 PSD it has just so I can take it out in public without being embarrassed.
  8. A

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

Thank you
  9. A

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

Would you know what year/engine those would be for, or part numbers? Thanks
  10. A

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

Great progress. I wish I could start tearing my Ranger apart but just haven't had time.
  11. A

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

Those don't look too bad, remind me of the ones I've see for 70's trucks. The 80s/90s F-series selectors are a little more tedious to wire, but not too difficult.
  12. A

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

Looks good so far. What's the plan for a selector valve? One from a dual tank F-series diesel?
  13. A

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

Dual tanks is a great idea. I had an 83 Ranger with the dual tank setup, the downside is the spare doesn't sit underneath anymore.
  14. A

ALH into 95 Ranger 4x4

Dual fuel tanks? Putting something in the bed, or a behind the axle tank like the first gen rangers? I'd like to know since I want to have more than the stock 19 gallons for the ranger I'm building. Maybe I'm just being a dingus and failed to see where you mentioned it.
  15. A

A different kind of build alh content

Well, a tuned ALH would get similar numbers to a stock 4BT, but the 4BT tips the scales around 750 lbs. For the asking price of a 4BT, you can buy a couple complete running TDI cars to have all the swap parts you'd need. The ALH should be able to move the truck around, just bear in mind it isn't...
  16. A

A different kind of build alh content

Looks like it's a beachball (97-03) F150 :unsure:
  17. A

BHW Tandem pump delete?

Thanks for the input on this
  18. A

BHW Tandem pump delete?

Looking for some input. I'm planning on a BHW for a RWD diesel conversion project. Is it possible to delete the tandem pump for firewall clearance and use a high pressure supply pump with a regulated return to feed the PD system? I've read that the tandem pump supply pressure varies with engine...
  19. A

I'm the worst kind of noob. TDI swap if it can make the oomph

I agree. The 4BT is a heavy engine. Stock power levels are low for durability, so the power/weight ratio is terrible. A 4BT can make some crazy power with the right turbo/pump/injectors, but those parts are more of a niche market than the 6BT a la Dodge Ram, so getting a custom turbo or...
  20. A

I'm the worst kind of noob. TDI swap if it can make the oomph

I'd be looking at the cats as a restriction on the 4.0. If you had to do valve cover gaskets, there may be too much exhaust heat wrecking the gaskets. I had a 2.9 Bronco II with valve cover leaks, fixed them just to have leaks a year later. The two stage converter had the first stage honeycomb...