Search results

1. M

Sturgeon Bay,WI Cruise/GTG Fall 2017

Cruse start time is just past 9:00? Thanks
  2. M

Front axle bolt siezed

I had to drill out the bolt head started with a 1/8" worked up. This after breaking three 1/2" drives.
  3. M

2010 Jetta Thermostat Change - What a Pain

Some have disconnected the hose from the overflow tank at the tank, and pulled is through to under the car to drain most of the coolant. One can also use an evacuator down this hose.
  4. M

Error code P0266 2010 Jetta TDI

I cleared the code for about 2 weeks, has not come back since. Over 100,000 miles since last cleared.
  5. M

Add blue system

Thanks for the replies. So if part of VW's fix for the 2010s is to add an add blue system I would think that they likely will go to a new cat rather than reworking at the dealership to add a fitting.
  6. M

Add blue system

In a add blue system, where is it injected at?
  7. M

2009 VW Jetta TDI - Needs New Engine ?

My Jetta had that on cylinder # 1 about a 2 years ago, cleared it 4 or 5 times. Has not come back since, over 300,000 miles now.
  8. M

flushing the heater core

First 190°F showing on the dash gauge can be about 165 to 235 actual temperature. How full is the coolant bottle? When the timing belt was done, how did the coolant look? Did it look clear? Do you have Vagcom to check the actual coolant temperature and what the car sees as the temperature...
  9. M

Green Bay, WI Dyno Day Sept 12th 2015

Wow! Getting close to 400 ft-lbf out of less then a 2 liter bottle of soda. Well done 3l3m3nt.
  10. M

P2004/2006. Code

Thanks
  11. M

2006 Jetta TDI Heat not working. Help me diagnose

The dash gauge does not show the true temperature.
  12. M

Bump noise when slow over small bumps.

Check the sway bar end links for play.
  13. M

Sturgeon Bay, WI GTG/Cruise June 20th, 2015

3L3M3NT Thanks for the GTG, and everyone that helped make it a great GTG.
  14. M

Somebody help me please !

The DSG automatic, when put in to gear, does not do anything until a few seconds after releasing the brakes.
  15. M

Heading out soon. See everyone after 12:00.
  16. M

3L3M3NT Any idea as to when you'll be back to the shop from the 9:15 AM cruise? Is there a rough head count? I'll bring some plates, cups, and plastic ware.
  17. M

Heated seat elements : http://www.genosgarage.com/ROSTRA-DUAL-ELEMENT-SEAT-HEATER/productinfo/ROSTRA_250_1870/#.VU-IE5OgbwA
  18. M

WTB MkIV Battery Box and Engine Cover + Mounts

I do have a push on engine cover from my 2004 Golf. Without mounting pins. Send PM.
  19. M

City light help needed

The above, but I don't like to pull on the wires. So I have found a curved LONG nose pliers, to reach in and grab the tail of the socket.
  20. M

Inconsistent Fuel Ups - Ventectomy

nickfancher1 Am I missing something. Just asking - How does the amount of fuel in the tank effect MPG? It shouldn't effect it should it? What method of calculating MPG are you using?