Search results

1. AD5GB

Contemplating selling my '06 - how to price?

I've been giving some serious thought on selling my '06 Jetta. Not sure if KBB is a good reference or not. It's not in the best of shape cosmetically. 332K miles on the clock. It was caught in a hail storm a few years back and about every panel except the passenger side is sporting numerous...
  2. AD5GB

VNT actuator replacement - OEM turbo

Looks like IDParts is carrying a replacement actuator again. Mine failed months ago. Learned how to drive without dropping into limp mode, but want to repair this. I really don't need the additional performance (or expense) of an up-rated turbocharger, and given the lack of responses to my...
  3. AD5GB

'06 BRM glow plug rating

Anyone know what the wattage rating is on these things? NAPA has 11V 135W plugs for less than $15 ea. I've found several threads where people have used them in PDs and have sent a PM to a couple to ask how they work but haven't heard back. Given the OEM 7V plugs are 3X the price, I'd be...
  4. AD5GB

Glow plugs (ceramic or not?)

Ok, I'm lost. Searching this forum has confused me but I have a #1 glow plug failure message (via VCDS) and a CEL. My confusion is based upon conflicting statements as to whether the '06 MkVs have ceramics or not. In searching here I have found that some say yes, others say no. So here's...
  5. AD5GB

Compressor Surge/Stall or ?????

I've done some searching through the archives and am hoping I'm not duplicating something I haven't been able to find in there........ So I'm driving to work this morning when this ol' GMC pickup pulls out in front of me. I was running 60ish, fully warmed up but had to slow down as the truck...
  6. AD5GB

Kamikaze cat!

So here I am driving home after a late night at work a day after I came within 2' of center-punching a whitetail, when this HUGE cat comes flying out of the ditch like its tail was on fire, and he center-punched the front of my Mk5. No chance to even reach the brake pedal. I was going about...
  7. AD5GB

Anyone install a ham or commercial communications transceiver in an A5?

Ok.... I've searched all over, found a few non-TDI CB related postings but nothing pertaining to the A5. If I've missed another post, sorry..... Anyway, I need to mount an amateur radio transceiver somehow in the '06 Jetta and can't bring myself to go drilling holes or carving out compartments...
  8. AD5GB

Wheel lug torque spec??

Greetings, Did a quick search. The only lug torque spec msg I found was in the TDI 101 forum for an '02 Golf. Don't know if the thread size/type has change for the A5. Sneakin' up on 10K miles and will need to rotate tires. Anyone have a torque spec handy for the '06 Jetta's wheel lugs...
  9. AD5GB

Phone/Electronics console..

Greetings, I'm wondering if anyone has purchased the Phone/Electronics Console that appears in the VW Driver Gear magazine? P/N: 1K1 051 601 01C I'm contemplating using it to mount the control head of an amateur radio transciever but given that it's a pricy item, I'd like to know if there...
  10. AD5GB

Torque Specs?

This may sound dumb... but I'm a believer in a torque wrench. Especially around unfamiliar things (like the new-to-me TDI oil filter design) since I've been out of the business of pulling wrenches for a while. I fear I may have lost my 'touch'. Anyone have a manual that might list the torque...
  11. AD5GB

Miss??? at idle (long)

Hi all, Brand new to the forum and brand new to the TDI. I've searched the archives but haven't found anyone with a "PD" complain about this idle concern that just developed. The car is 8 weeks old and just turned over 3600 miles. I noticed about 600 miles ago a strange sort of 'miss' at...