Search results

1. Brian.Burress

I no longer belong at TDIClub, but I will definitely be back...

Well, I hate to let the TDI go, but my wife and I needed a bigger vehicle to haul our 2 kids and 3 dogs around on our somewhat frequent road trips to Indiana. I traded in the 04 VW on an 03 Dodge Ram 3500 with the 5.9 Cummins and a 6-speed manual transmission. I sure miss the mileage of the...
  2. Brian.Burress

Airbag light on now...

About 3 weeks ago my car was in an accident. It got rear-ended. I picked it up from the body shop, but now my Airbag light is on. Anyone have any insight into this? The airbag light was NOT on after the accident, and not before it went to the body shop. What could have changed? Anyone...
  3. Brian.Burress

'07 Chevy Silverado vs. '04 VW Jetta GLS TDI

The Jetta was in an accident yesterday... Fist off, my wife and son are fine. My daughter was in school at the time. My wife has some slight back pain, but at this point she isn't sure if it's from the accident or not. Secondly, everything I know about this is kind of one-sided. I wasn't...
  4. Brian.Burress

Coolant level rising...

I already know it's been asked before. These are just 2 of the threads I found on it... http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=149564&highlight=Rising+Coolant+Level http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=192310&highlight=Rising+Coolant+Level Neither one of these showed a conclusion...
  5. Brian.Burress

Help with Q-Loader...

I've searched a little bit, but either it hasn't been asked before, or I am doing something wrong with the search, but has anyone else had problems with their q-loader not showing up when the hook it up to a computer? Charlie sent me a new tune that I really want to try out, but when I plug my...
  6. Brian.Burress

Fort Hood area Sightings...

2 to report today... Both of these happened on West Fort Hood today. #1: I was driving to work today at about 8:45 am this morning and saw a bright blue 1996.5-2003 (not a 2004 or newer. no clear on tailights) Jetta coming out of the 3-227 and 615th ASB hangar. I will say that it had an all...
  7. Brian.Burress

Being Kerma-Tuned is fun!!!

First of all, I want to thank Charlie (once again) for tuning my car this past weekend at our Texas Dyno Days. If you're still questioning whether or not to get tuned or not, go for it. Charlie is a great guy. It literally took him like 20 minutes to tune my car. And the best part of all...
  8. Brian.Burress

Anyone else experienced this?

Ok Here goes. I will try to explain this as easily as I can. I was driving home from work today and had the gear selector in the Tip-Tronic selector. The stoplight I was coming up to had turned red, and I downshifted from 3rd gear to 2nd at about 25-30mph and the exact time the transmission...
  9. Brian.Burress

Help. I have a toddler carseat ??? Need an answer quick...

I know this doesn't belong here, but I figured it might work since I saw another thread in here about children's carseats. My wife and her friend are going to be taking my baby (2004 Jetta) on a road trip with 3 children in the backseat. There was a death in the friend's family and my wife...
  10. Brian.Burress

Another Guage Pod Question..

I am looking at gettting one of 3 different pod ideas. I just wanted some suggestions. I will try to put all the info in one post so as to cut down on the confusion. I really like this guage: http://www.mcnallyelectronics.com/boostegt.html One thing I don't like is how the colors of the...
  11. Brian.Burress

I just rode in a Kerma-Tuned 04 Jetta...WOW!!!

I just rode in BenCarr23's Jetta. IT'S AWESOME!!! I wish I had some more money. He has an AEM Cold Air Intake, but other than that everthing is Kerma. Hammerhead Turbo, Longrunner Intake Manifold, and a Euro-Jet Front-Mount Intercooler. On top of that, he has custom 2.5" exhaust. I know he...