Search results

1. L

40k-Should I replace my blinker fluids

I know what you mean. Sometimes you keep going round and round with the same issue.
  2. L

40k-Should I replace my blinker fluids

Anyone that says exhaust work is easy, is either full of hot air or blowing smoke up your backside.
  3. L

Fall 2021 Cruise/GTG in Sturgeon Bay, WI

I hate to do this, but I won't be able to make it up there, this time. Had some family matters come up that need my attention. I hope everyone has good weather and a good time. Drive safe and I hope to see you all next time.
  4. L

Fall 2021 Cruise/GTG in Sturgeon Bay, WI

Pencil me in as probable. I don't have a TDI anymore, but I'll bring my diesel vehicle.
  5. L

2021 TDIFest Discusion Thread

Probably because my diesel truck gets about one third the fuel mileage that my Beetle got.
  6. L

Same here.
  7. L

Chicago 2009 TDI Owners: Non-Biodiesel Support Group

Not likely in IL. Pretty much all diesel is around 11-15% bio-diesel, unless things have changed down there.
  8. L

I'm not too far behind you. I'll be hitting the half-century mark in just over a year.
  9. L

WI TDI Mechanic

Contact JasonTDR in the Madison area. He's been working on TDIs for a long time. JasonTDR.com
  10. L

LOL Well, none of us are getting any younger. Just remember that old farts don't die, they just seem to linger.
  11. L

Even though I no longer have a TDI, I'd still come to a GTG just to see some old faces.
  12. L

MN or WI B99/B100 Locations

All on-road diesel in MN should be at least B10. Most diesel in WI is sold without any bio-diesel. I have seen a few Kwik Trip stations selling B10 in WI. I think the B100 dealer in Madison shut down a few years ago.
  13. L

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Kwik Trip, in the area, at $1.98 for diesel.
  14. L

02J rebuild

Check your dogbone mount, too. When it's worn out, that can greatly affect how the transmission shifts.
  15. L

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

Yes, but they were in between two gas pumps.
  16. L

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

$1.989 at Kwik Trip Hwy 50 and I94, Kenosha, WI.
  17. L

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

I've actually seen both sizes on a single set of pumps. It's usually on the outside facing pumps. Both sizes work just fine in my truck.
  18. L

2002 Jetta 01M Automatic Transmission Fix

You're a little past the point where my 01M died, about 6 years ago. Mine had 236,000 miles at that point.
  19. L

be sure to use synthetic blinker fluid

Isn't that what they use in the UK?
  20. L

be sure to use synthetic blinker fluid

If you're going to be towing, don't forget to change to summer air, in your tires, if you haven't already done so.