Search results

1. C

Snow tires OR Not

If you're driving in the snow (or even below 4 degrees) then yes snows make a large difference.
  2. C

Possible 2006.5 purchase?

I'm at 170000+ miles on the original camshaft.
  3. C

what is the coldest weather your tdi started?

2006 Jetta TDI. Four days of -10C and below up on Big White while skiing. Did two glowplug cycles before even trying to start and it took a couple seconds before it started up. My battery needed replacement the next year though so that may have had a role.
  4. C

Just bought 06 Jetta TDI

I have the same issue with my headliner (suddenly came loose in the back a couple months ago). I'm wondering what's the best way to have it not look like crap without being too expensive. Maybe I should superglue it in the meantime.
  5. C

Consumer Union weighs in on 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI

I seem to be able to avoid the brake-to-accelerator lag by shifting to S just before I step on the gas. Placebo maybe but seems to work.
  6. C

2006 Jetta headliner equals fail

Huh, mine started to droop last week and now I think I'm just going to glue it back.
  7. C

06 BRM JETTA's - High Mileage (200k+) Post it!

It's definitely more than 13.5 gallons. I've filled up at 52 litres before and that's already 13.7 gallons. 16 gallons seems extremely optimistic but 14.5, like it says in the manual, seems to be a good bet.
  8. C

MKV JETTA...WHAT ARE YOUR MPGs?

Mostly city driving for me so 34MPG consistently. Wish I could do 100% highway and get 45+MPG
  9. C

Transmission

Sorry, I meant the sedans. I completely forgot about the wagons.
  10. C

Transmission

The 2006 Jetta TDI is DSG-only. I had a similar experience with mine recently. Couldn't shift to 6th 99% of the time and occasionally doesn't engage reverse. Ended having to buy an used DSG and replace the thing.
  11. C

Recently TDI converted: Warm up time?

Just drive, but don't redline it. Maybe don't go over 3000RPM until the heat needle has moved.
  12. C

Best MPG & newbie questions

I don't think that's possible with the PD's (2006 Jetta)
  13. C

2006 Jetta rear seat tunnel cupholder

Awesome, that's extremely helpful!
  14. C

The entire cup holder unit shot out when I pressed it. I can slide it back in but if I press the symbol again, the entire thing still falls out so there's a latch somewhere that's broken. I was hoping it's just a part I can pick up online and replace it myself but if I have to take it to a...
  15. C

A picture is worth a thousand words?
  16. C

I'm not even sure what this part is supposed to be called so I haven't had success trying to google the part. The cupholder that ejects out has literally ejected out of the tunnel door. I haven't been able to figure out why it doesn't latch when I push it back into the slot so I'm wondering...
  17. C

Fuel econ and wind resistance

Drag grows with speed quadratically. A small increase of resistance at 75mph results in a relatively large difference. Only way to tell for sure though is to do a similar route without the bikes.
  18. C

DSG lurches when accelerating on highway on ramps

Erm, he was referring to Tdijarhead not you...
  19. C

DSG noises when engine braking?

Hmm, any ideas then? I'll make a recording of the sound when I get a chance.