Search results

1. T

Anyone clean the throttle body?

I've been trying to find a video on how to do this on the 2015 and it doesn't seem to be available. Anyone done this and can provide a "how to?"
  2. T

MAF electrical connector

I'm stuck. I need to replace the MAF electrical connector (on the other side of the MAF). Any videos on how to do it? I guess it's one of those "D" clips. TIA.
  3. T

towing a '65 beetle with my 03 TDI question

I recently picked up a 1965 beetle, and need to tow it about 14 miles (mostly level). I have a tow bar, but there's no hooks on the tow bar to attach the safety chains. wondering if I should just loop the chain around the tow bar, or if I need to attach the chains to the beetle somewhere. I...
  4. T

MAF issue... P0103 code

Having an issue with this. I replaced the MAF sensor with a brand new one, and it's still throwing that code. Any advice? TIA...
  5. T

side marker light socket

I have a side marker light that is out, and apparently the socket is the issue - corrosion and such. I cannot seem to find this part online. does it exist?
  6. T

Timing belt uh oh...

Can anyone steer me in the direction for an aftermarket timing belt kit for the 2015 TDI? apparently my shop and my parts supplier say there are none in existence...
  7. T

emissions fix question regarding fuel line

Posted this by accident in the MK VI forum... When they are doing the second phase of the emissions fix, would they be disconnecting any of the fuel system components in the process? reason i ask... driving down the road today (about 1000 miles after the fix), and the fuel line popped off one...
  8. T

emissions recall question regarding fuel line

When they are doing the second phase of the emissions fix, would they be disconnecting any of the fuel system components in the process? reason i ask... driving down the road today (about 1000 miles after the fix), and the fuel line popped off one of the connections. No-one else has been under...
  9. T

turn signal/4 way ticking constantly

i have an annoying electrical problem. there is a constant ticking sound that sounds like the 4 ways or turn signals are ticking fast. I checked all the bulbs, and everything is working. I've replaced the 4 way switch, and that didn't solve the problem, either. This is in my 2003. Any...
  10. T

2003 rough idle

just got my 03 back on the road after a transmission swap and clutch. I guess after 507,000 miles, they're allowed to go bad... Car sat for about 6 months until I could get it all back together. changed all the fluids and filters out, but now it's idling rough. I ran some lucas through it...
  11. T

500,000 miles!

I reached 500,000 miles in my 2003 JSW today! for some reason, can't post a picture of the odometer, but I did it!
  12. T

clutch clicking noise

on my 2003, when I depress the clutch to start the car, I just started hearing a rapid clicking noise when the clutch is fully depressed. If I back off a little, no clicking. Clutch and flywheel was replaced at 389K... 450K on it now. Otherwise, original transmission. Any ideas?
  13. T

Oh crap... broke off a bolt

I overtorqued a bolt while replacing the dogbone transmission mount and it broke off... any suggestions of how to get it out? it was the smaller 16mm bolt on the front of the mount.
  14. T

Blower not working...

Hey y'all... if anyone can provide some guidance, I'd appreciate it. My blower stopped working on settings 1, 2 and 3. The AC light and compressor comes on on those settings, but goes off on setting 4. Setting 4 will blow on high, but with no AC. Any suggestions?
  15. T

Thermostat reading 165

Since I replaced my cooling fan a few weeks ago, my thermostat gauge in the dash has been sporadically reading 165. I've done a lot of driving at night when it's cold as well. It will normally be at the 190 mark, but then it will drop down to 165. I don't drive it hard normally (60-65 mph)...
  16. T

Free drink coupons

If you go to the Pilot Flying J facebook page, like them and click on the coupons tab, there is a coupon for a free hot or cold beverage! I guess our friends at Pilot/Flying J want us to be hydrated and caffeinated! I have been printing out these coupons and sharing them with other friendly...
  17. T

How long will B100 last?

I am planning on buying some b100 to add (1 qt/tank) each time I fuel up. I was wondering how long B100 will last if left untreated/without a stabilizer in it. 5 gallons would last me about 4 months.