Search results

1. T

BMW 328d vs 535d, 2014 year

I turned in my '14 Passat TDI for the buyback last December and on New Year's Eve picked up my CPO '14 328xd with 43K miles. I liked the Passat but with the money I got for the buyback, I wanted the BMW. It's actually rather spartan in terms of options compared to my Passat SE. No backup...
  2. T

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

True on the warranty information. Ultimately beyond 100k miles, its costs will be on me, and more expensive. For that reason I've begon to research BMW gurus and indy shops in my area. But man, is it a nice driving car. I'm in love with it. Not to say I didn't love my Passat TDI, but I love...
  3. T

How long after buyback closing is a bank loan paid off?

Buyback 12/29 EFT 01/03 Payoff Check Delivered Friday 01/13 according to VW tracking. I'm 10 days late on a payment... Was told by my bank payoff will probably go in today.
  4. T

I turned my Passat on December 29th with 94,000 miles. I loved the car. In its place, I picked up a CPO 2014 BMW 328d XDrive Sedan with interior sport trim. It had 43,500 miles on it when I picked it up. It's now my daily 84 mile r/t commuter car, and I LOVE it even more than the Passat.
  5. T

Using Clear Exchange for EFT

Does using Clear Exchange speed up the process? I've read some here that it may. My buyback is this Thursday the 29th at 5:30PM. My car loan is through Chase, but my checking is a different bank. It will be the long New Year's Eve/Day weekend with Friday the 30th being the first business day...
  6. T

Buyback Check or Electronic Bank Transfer

I selected EFT, my buyback appointment is this Thursday, December 29th at 530pm. In terms of the final amount being within the "window", as someone mentioned, does that mean the mileage you entered when asked "what is your mileage today?" when I selected my appointment after my paperwork was...
  7. T

2014 BMW 328d or Mercedes E250BT

I read your thread. Thank you!
  8. T

From 2015 A3 TDI to 2016 328d

Thanks guys!
  9. T

2014 BMW 328d or Mercedes E250BT

My buyback is scheduled for Dec 29th. I've centered on either of the above with XDrive or 4Matic. I like both of them equally well. I've sat in the BMW but I haven't driven either one. I've read some good reviews from all of you about either one. I'm looking at the 2014 for both, as I can't...
  10. T

2011-2013 E350 Bluetec. Thoughts/Experience?

Thanks for the info everyone!
  11. T

2011-2013 E350 Bluetec. Thoughts/Experience?

I'm thinking hard on getting one of these. Anyone with experience or thoughts on the model? I like the newer 4cyl. E250 Bluetec as well. Whether one of these or a 328d, I plan on driving the hell out of it as it'll be my daily 100 mile r/t commuting driver. Thanks.
  12. T

Is VW Claims holding up your car shopping?

This. So just this! I submitted docs on 9/28. No email yet as to whether or not they've been approved. Meanwhile out of necessity I have to keep driving my '14 Passat to work and back daily (90 miles r/t). I want to move on, and buy another car. The more that time goes by, the more I will...
  13. T

Cruze Diesel is rated at 52 mpg highway in stick version, 37 mpg combined

I've read somewhere on here from an article someone posted that GM is excited to fill the void left with VW exiting the diesel car market. Not sure that'll happen unless they offer diesel in more than just the Chevy Cruze and Equinox. How about Malibu and Impala - then we're talking!
  14. T

Disappointed in this whole situation...

Of the same feelings and opinions of you, Jeta Life. I lean toward the buyback, but I love my Passat TDI. I'm considering a new GTI, CPO Audi A6 or S4 on the gasser side, knowingly at the disadvantage of higher fuel costs. A CPO 328d, X3d, or E250 on the diesel side as possible replacements...
  15. T

I'm thinking CPO 2015 E250 Bluetec, 2014-2015 328d, 2014-2015 X3d, new GTI, and lately have a big interest in a 2013-2014 Audi S4, though I know as a long commuter, mileage will hurt on the that one... Anyone have any experience with the gasser Audi super charged V6? Or, depending on how things...
  16. T

Mercedes E250 Bluetec

I've been looking around on Car Gurus and Autotrader, may use USAA buying service as I'm an insurance member. Waiting for details on the buyback of my Passat...
  17. T

Mercedes E250 Bluetec

I'm really gaining an interest in the E250BT, and may consider one as a replacement for my Passat. I thought I read somewhere that the 2015 is far better than the 2014, but not sure. Either of these two years CPO would be likely for me. Should I avoid the 2014? Also, any opinions on the...
  18. T

(Possible) Scenario: The Buy Back of the Buy Back

This was in January, now almost 8 months ago. I wish it to be true, but my gut feeling says 4cyl TDI's are gone. The V6 in the Touareg, Q7, etc., maybe.
  19. T

DSG Service and Bukyback

Thanks everyone. I'll have it done. I'd hate to have something go wrong before buyback.
  20. T

DSG Service and Bukyback

My Passat is at about 82.5K miles, or past due for its second DSG service. I'm reluctant to do it (due to cost and maybe not having the car much longer) because I'm going to participate in the buyback. I put on about 2,000+ mostly highway commute miles per month. At that rate, I should have...