Search results

1. O

Binding when trying to turn crank.

So late update. I went back re-read the timing belt service PDF and gave Frank a call. I think it was stated earlier in the thread about rolling the crank back 180*, that is where I failed. I kept the nipple on the crank pulley at the 12 o clock position instead of the 6. Once I fixed that put...
  2. O

I have no idea I received the head assembled. I used the locking set from Metalnerd. What other information would you like?
  3. O

I will re read all the suggestions and start figuring it out Thursday when I'm off. I really tried to line everything up correctly. I got a bare block with the #1 and 4 piston at the top (which I believe is TDC). From that point I put the head on and started putting the accessories on and didnt...
  4. O

Right. I haven't tried a whole revolution backwards as I remember reading somewhere here that it could cause damage. I did move it a few degrees when putting it in to get it to seat against the TC also if I havent mentioned before it is a 09A trans.
  5. O

This I havent done. I was under the impression that everything had to be together before I could spin it. Had I know I could have tested it throughout the process I would have.
  6. O

This will probably be next. I hope I didn't open the valve while putting the cam bolt in. The crank WILL spin backwards but it WILL NOT spin forwards. If I were to spin the crank backwards it moves easily, I will be able to spin it back to the same amount forwards but thats it. A normal 2 foot...
  7. O

Yes, they were tagged and bagged. I did not I was told it was solid for me to go ahead and build off of.
  8. O

It's not turning at all. All the gaskets I got from Frank with the head.
  9. O

Its a BEW. I thought I mentioned it. I have the metalnerd locking set. I'll re read your step by step and see if I missed something.
  10. O

But those same rules apply I'm assuming. I guess if I have enough daylight when I get home I'll see if it helps. The lobe closest to the cam sprocket should be in an up position correct?
  11. O

So I need to take everything apart again?
  12. O

The cam does slot into the IP. It also doesn't have the GPs in.
  13. O

I followed all instructions on the how to so I assume yes. It did move before I put it in but I didnt send it through a whole rotation because I didnt have the injectors and related items in. I got that all in yesterday went to go spin it and nothing. After some looking around maybe my IP isnt...
  14. O

The head is brand new from Frank. The block I got from a gentleman in Delaware with Franks help. All the top end gaskets are new. The bottom end was refreshed about 20k ago from a motor with about 135k iirc.
  15. O

I finally got the motor mounted in my golf and went to spin the crank by hand and nothing. It will go backwards but not forward. So I pulled the motor back out thinking I had messed up seating to the TC and attempted again, nothing. I have no idea what I might have done assembling the motor for...
  16. O

Richmond,Va TDIers

I think this weekend is rained out maybe we can try for next Sunday.
  17. O

Richmond,Va TDIers

Bringing back a dead thread for continuity sake. Hey was wondering if anyone with VCDS and a free Sunday would mind helping me finish putting my golf back together and going making sure everything is running within parameters. I can offer beer and pizza of your liking.
  18. O

04 BEW install

Really need some help with this. I really dont know if its angle or if I messed up earlier and need to take it back out which I'm really hoping isnt the case
  19. O

04 BEW install

Thanks. Maybe I can get a extra set of hands to help me.
  20. O

04 BEW install

So I finally got everything together and went to go put the motor in. My first problem is I left the transmission (09A) in mainly because I dont have a lot of space to keep it. This leads me to the second problem, I got the motor in and the TC in to the crank shaft but it seems to be stuck and...