Search results

1. R

SEL Climate Control Fan

Thanks, I guess it's getting to be time to replace it.
  2. R

SEL Climate Control Fan

I think my climate control fan is on it's way out. There are times it makes a squeak sound, almost sounds like a cricket. If you manually adjust the fan speed it goes away for a while then comes back. The car is a 14 SEL with 108K miles on it. Are the fans known to fail and how difficult are...
  3. R

Replacing the RNS510 Radio

I went a different path and upgraded to a Kenwood. There really was no issue, with some adapters my review camera is working as well as my steering wheel controls. I bought everything at CrutchField.
  4. R

Cold Weather Hesitation/Stumble/Knocking, Torque Difference, NO CODES

I called VW directly, they had someone from corporate work with the local mechanic and determine I needed all 4 injectors.
  5. R

2014 Passat tdi pros and cons ?

I have a '14 with 98K on it. While I really like the car, it has had its problems. Last year it had all injectors replaced, water pump failed at 90K and of course it had the diesel "fix". After reading a lot of threads I plan on getting rid of it before my extended warranty expires (2024 /...
  6. R

2013 Passat stumble I've researched for weeks...

I ad the same issue with my '14. There were no codes, the local dealer told me there was nothing I could do. After reading lots of posts about the same problem I called VW corporate told them the issue and the fix. Got a call back from my local dealer to bring the car in and they will be...
  7. R

Fan noise

Couldn/t find any AC lines rattling. I tried using a screwdriver and touching different lines while I heard the rattling. Cooling line on left side of radiator barely vibrated, cooling line on right side the screw drive would jump around. Any suggestions?
  8. R

Fan noise

Do you recall where the AC line was? On the top frame in the area of the fuel filter or on the bottom somewhere? I went out and tried to move some of the lines up top and make sure the rubber fittings where in contact with the frame. Then took it for a ride, I guess I didn't get it hot enough...
  9. R

Fan noise

I'll take a look at the lines. Thanks
  10. R

Fan noise

I think my auxiliary fan is going bad, but looking for confirmation or another suggestion. When the fans are running I can feel a vibration through the car. When running at full speed and the flaps also open there is a lot of vibration and the noise generated is louder then the engine itself...
  11. R

'14 coolant leak & A/C stopped working

Thanks, decided to keep it. Just not the time for me to make a big purchase.
  12. R

Time to decide if I should keep it or not. I like the car, but am a little worried. Just had 4 injectors replaced (warranty), water pump. I have heard some say that after the "fix" that was done it's harder on parts and the life span of the engine is less, others have said the fix had no impact.
  13. R

A/C seems to be working this morning, coolant is the water pump. There goes $1100 including timing belt kit.
  14. R

I guess I'll wait for them to diagnose it tomorrow. If it's a water pump, hopefully covered by warranty.
  15. R

Woke up the other day to what appears to be coolant on my driveway. The overflow reservoir was empty. I checked it the prior week and it was full. I brought it back up to full and drove around the block. So far it's still full. The same time it went empty my A/C stopped blowing cold...
  16. R

Hesitation

Take a look at this thread http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=503897
  17. R

Just got a call back, that VW will cover it. Should be installed on Monday, tested Tuesday morning and hopefully the car is mine again Tuesday night.
  18. R

Now it's time for the real games to begin. Got a call from the dealer. After working with a VW tech on the phone and running tests the tech recommendation the outcome is to replace the 4 injectors. Since there is no CEL, I'm being told they don't think warranty will cover it (I smell BS)...
  19. R

I'll give this information to the dealer when I drop the car off. I'm sure they won't be happy about me doing so.
  20. R

I'm having the same hesitation issue. Dealer told me there are no codes and their is nothing they can do until a CEL comes on. I opened a case with VW, and the car goes back tomorrow. There seems to be several threads around the same topic, all of which point to the Injectors.