Search results

1. L

MDI/ipod interface issue

It hasn't been perfect, but it got music on the card without the extra files. :)
  2. L

MDI/ipod interface issue

It's probably because you copied them directly from your mac. I used an app called iTuneMyWalkman that so far has worked well.
  3. L

2010 Golf Shudder on Stop

It is common. Read up on the DSG transmission -- it is not actually an automatic. Some have also said this goes away as the car "learns" the way you drive. But unlike a typical automatic transmission, the DSG is downshifting. You can notice this in several ways, one is the shudder. The other is...
  4. L

MDI/ipod interface issue

Yes, the Nav is a different radio. That's what I meant about which unit.. nav or not. I'll look at the book tonight and see if anything is obvious. I have only tried 8GB because I had one around. I also recall reading somewhere that there may be a limit on the number of folders, but I have no...
  5. L

MDI/ipod interface issue

I thought it could only support 8GB? I will check the manual tonight, but it's possible that one of the other radio models supports larger. Which unit do you have?
  6. L

Strut clunk

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q_how_to/a5/2010golfTDI_buyerschecklist.htm Look toward the bottom under "Delivery Inspection"
  7. L

MDI/ipod interface issue

Yeah, I don't even bother with my ipod.
  8. L

2010 Jetta/Golf/JSW Aftermarket GPS

I was just looking at that unit.. does it integrate with the MFI?
  9. L

MDI service reminder a little off????

I'm city folk, so I don't put a lot of miles on it. :) I walk to work and maybe drive 30-50 miles most weekends. The Golf TDI is great for city driving/parking as well as the great mileage when I go on road trips :D
  10. L

MkV / MkVI Bluetooth FAQ (Updated 12/30/2010)

That really doesn't have anything to do with the advertising for the US version.
  11. L

Yes. You're supposed to get a service at 10,000 miles or 1 year, whichever comes first. I don't plan on getting anywhere near 10,000 miles in the first year, so I made sure that was the case. :)
  12. L

How long have you had the car? Approximately 90 days? I assume it is triggered when one of two conditions occur, one of those being 1500 miles to go. The other probably being 30 days or something. You hit one of those criteria, and it just always shows but what both counters are at. That's my...
  13. L

As danham noted, the manual notes where items may not be in your car. The verbiage, to me, merely states that both have bluetooth. To me, you are the one that read too much into it. For the record, you have not mentioned litigation, but others have. You did say, however, that "I intend to see...
  14. L

I see nothing incorrect about the statement "Bluetooth mobile telephone connectivity." The 9w2 does, in fact, connect to a mobile telephone. It allows you to have conversations on a mobile telephone. Nowhere does it say "voice dialing" or "integrated phonebook" or anything similar. People in...
  15. L

XM Radio @ $77 per year

They're not quite the same. Siruis has a lineup, and XM has a lineup. Some of it overlaps, some of it does not. There is a second tier of stations (especially sports) that is part of the Best of XM package that costs extra on Sirius.
  16. L

What exactly does the sticker/brochure say about the bluetooth functionality?
  17. L

Should I worry about buying a TdI?

I think you will find very few people that have their new golf in and out of the shop every week or two.
  18. L

Is MDI optional?

No, it is not. I don't know why you saw one without, but they come with it and there is nothing on the invoice regarding a charge for it.