Search results

1. powerram250

Castrol Edge 5w-30 LL Alternative

You're welcome! I wish I could figure out how to post pictures on here. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.
  2. powerram250

On the back side of the Mobil 1 ESP jug it does say VW 504 00, 507 00
  3. powerram250

That's true I forgot mine does take more than 5 quarts. I've only had it long enough to do one oil change so far.
  4. powerram250

Yeah with today's stupid inflation that's a steal of a deal. You must have bought these before everything went to he🏒🏒
  5. powerram250

https://www.autozone.com/motor-oil-and-transmission-fluid/engine-oil/p/mobil-1-esp-full-synthetic-engine-oil-5w-30-5-quarts/1178024_0_0 Hopefully this link will work. 5 quart bottle of VW 507.00
  6. powerram250

Thanks for the replies. I'm liking the looks of Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30. i see my local auto zone has it for $6.79/quart, when you buy a 5 quart jug. Thanks again, you guys are great people.
  7. powerram250

Advance auto use to carry this. What is everyone running in their 2015 CVCA engines? I'd like to be able to pick it up at my local parts store or online pretty easily. I know it's got to be 507.00 approved. Thanks.
  8. powerram250

Ambient air temperature sensor

I found the mounting spot. Directly under the metal bumper more toward the driver's side. There's a tab where it slips (clips) onto.
  9. powerram250

Ambient air temperature sensor

Rebuilding my 2015 Passat. Just wondering where the ambient air temp sensor clips into. On the front bumper area. Any pictures would be great. Thanks.
  10. powerram250

AC pressure sensor wire diagram

That should get me. Thank you for sharing with me.
  11. powerram250

AC pressure sensor wire diagram

My car was in a wreck and I need the diagram of the 3 wires that go into the ac pressure sensor that plugs into the line directly behind the passenger side headlight. It's a 2015 Passat TDI SEL. A close up picture would do. I've circled a picture of what I need but tried everything to get the...
  12. powerram250

2015 CVCA timing belt instructions?

Just found this on another site: Tighten camshaft sprocket centre bolt [14] . Tightening torque: 100 Nm. Hold high-pressure fuel pump sprocket. Use tool No.T10051. Tighten high-pressure fuel pump sprocket nut [16] . Tightening torque: 95 Nm.
  13. powerram250

Does anyone know the HPFP sprocket single bolt torq along with the single bolt for the cam sprocket. 10 NM doesn't sound like enough for the cam. This is on a CVCA engine. Thanks.
  14. powerram250

Okay, that's what I was thinking. Thanks so much for the help!
  15. powerram250

On the cam sprocket I've loosened the little torx screw with the cam lock engaged but the sprocket will not "free spin" within range of torx screw groove. Is mine just stuck or is that it?
  16. powerram250

Oil pan to get to crankshaft seal

I do like when a company decides to stick with the same seal/part for many years so specialty tools don't have to be kept in a dusty drawer.
  17. powerram250

Okay, lots of good information. I will give my local snapon guy another day then will probably end up purchasing one online if he can't find/get one. It looks like the same seal install sleeve/driver is used for more than one type of engine code. So it would probably be better if I did have the...
  18. powerram250

I'm having trouble finding the install sleeve for the seal. T10053/1. My snap on guy is searching and VW won't sell or loan me one. I've seen a few online for around $50 but that includes the bolt and seal press adapter which I don't think I really need since the seal is already in the cover. If...
  19. powerram250

Since on the CVCA engine the pulley for HPFP just has one big nut does that have to be loosened (I'm guessing not) for a timing belt replacement?