Search results

1. DeafBug

DeafBug's Beetles For Sale

I am very sad about Brad's death. There were hard times, I wished Brad didn't go so soon. I really miss him. I am selling deafbug's two beetles (I believe both are 2002) Silver beetle is totaled (body is good, underneath is bad) - the engine is great (has updated parts) White beetle is in...
  2. DeafBug

01M transmission logs

My transmission acted up. I have researched here for answers. Boy did I find a lot of answers. I am still unemployed so I was looking for the cheapest route to repair the issue. While searching for answers, I came across to CoolAirVW and learned that he is very knowledgeable on trannies. I...
  3. DeafBug

Where to get tint job done in Twin Cities?

As you would know that I got a new Beetle last August. It has black leather seats. It makes the car hot if parked in the sun all day. Now with summer coming, I like it done. I just want to know where to go to get is done for cheap. Anyone have good experience with anyone. I like it...
  4. DeafBug

DeafBug Status

Hello, I know I basically fell of the face of the TDIClub since my accident. I now feel I owe you an update. Since July so much as happened. Since I am out of commission for who knows how long, until my back is totally normal again. Since my accident, I have worked on 2 cars. One being my...
  5. DeafBug

Feeler: parting out the 2001 NB

This is a follow-up of the other post"]post as the insurance said my car is totaled. The only catch is that if I want car back to me, it will cost me $2,000. Mainly I want my modifications back. It is either take the whole car or not. So if I want to buy the same modifications, it will...
  6. DeafBug

DeafBug's Beetle

Last Saturday, Don came over to my house to get his timing belt done. He had purchased a timing belt kit from TDIParts.com. I doubled checked the parts. And I was not pleased, for the second time in a row, I got the A3/B4 timing belt instead of the A4 belt. So Don called the VW dealer and...
  7. DeafBug

My Part Shop (find your salvaged parts online)

This website is in competition with car-parts.com. My company developed this site. They just went live a couple months ago and all is stable and running just fine. So there is another source to find your parts if you can't find it on www.car-parts.com. You will find some salvage yards in both...
  8. DeafBug

Feeler: Omaha or Sioux Falls TB by me

I have a couple queries on my being in town for TBs. I am not sure how or what to do as it is two different cities. But I thought I throw that out there to get some interest for the next couple months. Same rules applied as found in other threads in the past. Someone has to host a garage/shop...
  9. DeafBug

BEW TB and Tensioner question (long)

BEW TB and Tensioner question (long) Video added This post is for the experts only, those that have done the BEW timing belt. Everyone is welcome to read but I like to keep the replies for the experts. I printed MOGolf's BEW Timing belt change instrustions. I printed ALLDATA's timing belt...
  10. DeafBug

HOW TO: A4 Intake manifold cleaning

With the arrival of ULSD, I can see that many of us will want to get our intake manifold cleaned. So I created this document. My goal is to guide the newbie or a shade tree mechanic on how to clean the intake manifold. Experienced wrenchers will not need this document. However I do appreciate...
  11. DeafBug

When it comes to timing belts, use special tools

I was gone last weekend to attend the Packer game in Green Bay. Monday morning, at work, I checked the TDIClub, saw that I have a PM. Read the message. Called the owner thru the relay. After chatting with him, we agreed that I will head over to his mother's house on Halloween. The private...
  12. DeafBug

carbon coming out of exhaust

This guy who bought a used 1998 Jetta last Spring came over today to have me look at his car since he has no power. I did a error code check. He got 3 of them. 00560 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation System 17-10 Control Difference - Intermittent 00553 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)...
  13. DeafBug

DeafBug this summer

I just wanted to mention a few things as I got a few emails. But I could read between the lines that the person sending the email was not quite happy with me turning off the Private Messaging. I am quite busy right now and who knows how long. My workload has increased. I have been staying at...
  14. DeafBug

Vacuum hose, where to buy in Twin Cities?

I found the post that MOGolf mentioned the diameters and lengths. So now I need to buy some. I rather go with better quality. I hear silcon high-temp tubing is good. Is there any place in Twin Cities that sells them. I like to install them this weekend as I will have my bumper and front quarter...
  15. DeafBug

Email and spam

By default, the email option is unchecked. If you checked it, will you get spam mail? If you go to the User Control Panel, Edit Options. There is two check boxes for emails. One is for the admin and the other is for the members. I know I should not worry about it since it requires double...
  16. DeafBug

Determine Inj. Pump: Health status with Vag-Com

A brief history. I did a timing belt for this guy two years ago. I had to adjust the pump twice since then. The timing would slowly drop down to nothing that makes it hard to start when cold. Once it is warmed up it is fine. Guy sold the the TDI to someone local. He did what he could to CYA by...
  17. DeafBug

Anyone need Timing belt in eastern Nebraka?

I have a college student attending in Lincoln that needs a belt change and based on her description of the belt as she had the dealer expected it. I don't want her to drive to Twin Cities as the belt may break. So I offered to go down there. My basic rules for being on the road. One of the...
  18. DeafBug

glow plugs and cylinder discussion

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I can't quite find the exact answer. I know we talked about glow plugs maintainence and troubleshooting before, a number of times. I just simply want to discuss this concern. There are many people that I have replace timing belts that have a CEL and...
  19. DeafBug

Armrest repair (PDF)

I found an article on the ALLDATA and I printed it to a PDF file. I am not quite clear on the washer part. I think it can be do away with? Just clamp it and drill the holes then put a screw in. The problem with the screw is that the part number is not on the ETKA version I have even though it...
  20. DeafBug

Enhancement: Make 'Show my post' same as 'Show my thread'

In the User CP, there are two links on the left side. One is a Show my Post the other is Show my Threads. I like to know if there is a switch or something to make Show my Posts display the same as Show my Threads. Generally I know what I am looking for, (I can't speak for others) I don't need...