Search results

1. R

Looking for a shell or whole car.

Yes I bought the wagon referenced above your post. Thank You
  2. R

I’m sorry I double posted. I didn’t realize the first one had taken. My apologies it wasn’t my intention to clog it all up. Sorry
  3. R

So I was driving too fast for the conditions and hit black ice and spun off the road. I turned on the hazards and grabbed a couple flares. Didn’t make it in time and a Ford truck put the finishing touches on the Passat. It still runs but looks like a derby car and needs a lot of front suspension...
  4. R

[FOR SALE] 2001 VW Volkswagen Golf TDI Hatchback 2D coupe Blue - $2,250

Pm’d my number as well. If it isn’t sold I’m interested.
  5. R

700 Mile club Who's in?

I got 832 on a recent run from reno to LA then down to the Salton Sea to pick up a dog. It took 17.5 gallons to fill it back up so I was really low on fuel in a 1997 Passat....18G tank but you can pop another 1/2 gallon or so in the neck. So that drive I averaged 47mpg....I did worse coming home...
  6. R

WTD Rear seat belt

I have checked my local salvage yards including the pick and pull's within 100 miles of me. Nobody has a passat in this year range. I am tempted to go take one out of a jetta and see if that will work which is part of the reason I was asking here. I will buy a new or used whatever will fit...I...
  7. R

WTD Rear seat belt

Does anyone know what other belts or where to find replacement belts for the rear of A B4...I ordered one and it didn't work. Any help appreciated. If anyone has the passenger side rear I'm looking.
  8. R

1997 B4 wagon rear passenger seat belt WTD

I need a passenger side rear seat belt for a B4 Passat, its a wagon, i'm not sure if that matters. I have seen where people have problems with them and fix them. My problem is whomever had that problem cut the seat belt off so I have nothing to fix and will need one for inspection. I don't care...
  9. R

glow plug light stays lit but dim.

OK so a bit of a frankenstein, I put the dash out of a VR6 car because mine was a dead soldier. Everything seems to work but a few things are out of order/calibration. The tach is off as people said it would be. The Glow plug light is in the position of the CEL. The glow plug light lights up as...
  10. R

Battery light on, charging at 14.1

Looks like it’s back to the google cave for me. I don’t understand ripple voltage or how to check for it. I can wire up a whole car and work the test light like a champ but the OHM meter I am not the greatest, but like I always say “I am the smartest guy In the world when I have my phone in my...
  11. R

Battery light on, charging at 14.1

Well just like the title says, my battery light is on, my battery shows like 12.6 just sitting there and 14.1 when the motor is running. revving it up does nothing to the light. New to this car, new to the TDI game, not new to VW or wrenches but this is my first water cooled VW. Bought it cheap...
  12. R

1997 Passat Wagon Cluster

Thank You...that ought to help.
  13. R

1997 Passat Wagon Cluster

Total Newbie, I searched this out which is how I ended up on this forum and I have searched the forum. I am a solid wrench, I'm O.k. with electrical but stronger with mechanical for sure. My cluster is dead, shows nothing but the lights at the bottom, no digital read of odometer, no tach, no...