Search results

1. U

Cruise Control Pulsing

Hi all, I have a strange issue that has recently developed on my 2011 Golf MK6 1.6 TDI. If I set the cruise control at a speed between 40-50mph (around 2000rpm), the car seems to surge every couple of seconds, like blipping the throttle to the desired speed, backing off by less than 1mph then...
  2. U

Strange Engine Noise, engine BKC

Hi all, I have a really irritating noise coming from the around the engine of a Golf MK5 1.9TDI SE (engine BKC), with 111K miles. Like a high pitched squealing. Only happens when engine has no load between 2200-1400rpm, so only happens when decelerating or when revving at idle. Doesn't matter...
  3. U

Screeching from Engine at mid revs

Hi all, I am having an issue with the engine in my VW Golf MK5 1.9TDI (engine BKC with 111K miles) which is driving me mad at the moment. Basically, only when there is no or little load on the engine (mostly when decelerating but has been replicated at standstill) I hear a rather loud...
  4. U

Error Code on Golf MK5 - 01221 - Crash Sensor; Driver Side (G179)

Hello all, I am hoping that someone can help me with a rather niggling problem on my Golf MK5. Every time I have the door at least half open with the ignition fully on, the airbag warning light comes on and I get the following error code: VCDS Version: Release 805.4 Address...
  5. U

Timing Belt Tensioner Correct Setting

Hi all, I was recently doing a cam timing adjustment on my engine which is a 1.9 diesel in a Golf MK5, engine code BKC. I thought I would check the tensioner as the head was recently removed. Can someone please just check the pointer in the attached picture, I believe it should be lined up...
  6. U

Broken Glow Plug

Hi all, I am hoping someone can help with the following predicament I got myself into. I have a Golf MK5 1.9TDI with engine code BKC. Vagcom through up a fault on a cylinder glow plug so I thought I would go ahead and change it (done it before so know how easy it 'should' be). Easily got the...
  7. U

Timing Belt Change FAQ?

Hi all. My car (Golf mk5 1.9Tdi, engine BKC) is not far off from a timing belt change. I have just past 70K and I think the scheduled recommended change is 80K. I am wondering whether I should do it myself. I have changed the radiator on my old mk4 and done other simple engine tasks so think...
  8. U

Has anyone upgraded their Lowline MFD to display Midline features?

Hi all. I am hoping someone can help with the following: I currently have the lowline MFD installed on my car. It basically displays the trip meter and time only. The actual dot matrix display is identical to a similiar car which has the midline MFD, apart from the fact that car also has a...
  9. U

Vag-Com and Injection Timing on Golf TDi

Hi all. To cut a long story short, I broke down on the road a couple of days back and got the car towed home (Golf 1.9TDI AHF Engine). I hooked it up to VAG and the timing had gone way out of spec, showed 255 on block 2(possibly slipped belt or not enough sprocket 3 bolt tightening). To get...
  10. U

My Engine is really struggling, undriveable !! Is it the timing still ??

Hi all, I have a big problem with my car currently. It's a '99 Golf Mk4 1.9 GT TDi. I was driving down the road at about 60mph yesterday and all of a sudden the engine started running really rough, with lack of pick up. At which point I moved into the inside lane, and got off at the next...
  11. U

Front Door Sagging on Golf Mk4(A4)

Hi all. My front drivers side door is beginning to sag when opening it. It's visually noticeable when you look at the alignment of the top of the aft side of the door against the passenger door contour. It's getting so bad that upon closer inspection I can see the drivers door just 'kissing'...
  12. U

Squeaky Clutch

Hi, I hope someone can help with the following. I have a '99 Golf 1.9Tdi Mk4. When I first set off and press and de-press the clutch pedal there is a high pitch squeak in the engine bay area. I have tried to find where the lever thing is for the clutch in the bay but can't find it! I know...
  13. U

A/C Doesn't Work all of a sudden

A/C Doesn\'t Work all of a sudden Hi all, I hope someone can help with a problem I'm having with my car. I have a 1.9 Tdi Golf and all of a sudden and without any warning, the A/C has stopped blowing cold air. I have the climatronic system and when I press the 'auto' switch followed by the...
  14. U

Timing Belt Adjustment

Hi all, I have found out through the use of Vag-Com that my injection timing is out on my Golf mk4(A4). I have read the guide that relates to adjusting the injection timing but just need to clear up the following please. When I loosen the 3 bolts holding the injection pump sprocket, how do I...
  15. U

TDI Timing in Vag-Com

Hi all, I hope someone can help with the following please. I have Vag-Com, and when I go in to engine settings and group 00>basic settings, block 2 registers a value of zero. I understand this block to be the timing box which plots on the timing graph. Now this value is just way off the...