Search results

1. S

Recall 20R9/V8

Received another one in the mail today, stating my 10 JSW needs a "Safety Recall". It doesn't provide any more information, only leaving a code "20R9/V8". I called dealership and other than knowing it's about diesel engine cars, they can provide no other information. Does anyone know what this...
  2. S

Recent Dealer ECM Update Recall

I was called in by dealer for a recall a couple of weeks ago. When asked exactly what that's about the dealer's answer was a computer program update, which affects fuel economy. But he declined to give more information whether it's related to the scandal. From the final invoice it only says...
  3. S

What do you do with lawyers' mails?

This is crazy. I received two letters from different law firms just during the last weekend alone. A few days before that I also received VWNA's mail, other than telling me stay put, but calm, it doesn't provide any other useful information. As a once proud owner, I hope VW can take care of its...
  4. S

Another victim of infamous radiator leak problem

The red coolant warning light first came on 2 years ago, and recently it got worse. It happened twice in the last a couple of months and I had to stop on the highway to pore water into the tank. Then I discovered on tdiclub it's a notorious problem. Just to make sure, I tear down the car and...
  5. S

9ZZ Bluetooth module with WiFi support?

Has anyone heard about it or know any thing about it? As I am doing research on upgrading my current 9w2, I ran into this module newer than 9W7. It seems it has not only all functions than 9W7, it also supports receiving/sending text messages, if you have RCD510/RNS510; furthermore, it even...
  6. S

2010 JSW Bluetooth Upgrade??

I have a 2010 JSW with RCD510 and factory bluetooth. A while back I received a class lawsuit letter which let me upgrade my bluetooth system to support voice control. Unfortunately it's not the nicest thing to use and I ended up still need to operate on my phone a lot to dial. A week ago I...
  7. S

Anyone has VCDS in Houston Area?

Is anyone in Houston area nice enough to let me use your VCDS? I am working on installing OEM rear view camera on my 2010 jsw, and I just need to make some code changes...... Thanks a million in advance!
  8. S

Jetta Backup Camera with Tracking

Forgive me first for not using the correct nomenclature here... I am considering installing backup camera system to my JSW, and I saw, besides the cheaper, dumber one that only shows some fixed guidance lines, here is also one with dynamic guidance lines that bend with your steering wheel. I...
  9. S

DIY Backup Camera Installation Help

I plan to install rearview mirror backup camera system, just like that: http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Security-LCD-Wide-Screen-Car-Rear-View-Backup-Parking-Mirror-Monitor-Camera-/190608302315?pt=US_Rear_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item2c6123e0eb to do that, I will need to run a wire from the front...
  10. S

iPhone 5 Lighting connector compatibililty

Have you guys read the news about Apple's new iPhone 5? Apple has changed its dock to an 8pin "Lighting" port, and have an adapter for sale to work with the current docking system. So, my question is, does anyone know if with the adapter, does it still work with the iPod docking system in our...
  11. S

Upgraded BT with BT music streaming

I just had my Bluetooth system upgraded as a result of the lawsuit. Since then I have been playing with it, after a day, I still cannot get the A2DP Bluetooth music streaming to work right. After I commanded "Music", then "Play" it will simply disconnect. Is it because I don't have the RNS510...
  12. S

Mirror tilt on reverse available on JSWs?

I cam across some posts on some random discussion forums about enabling mirror tilt on reverse on some MK6 golfs. Just wonder, has anyone already tried it?
  13. S

Bluetooth drops when connecting iPhone4 to iPod Dock

First I apologize if it's a repost. I've never had any problems before with bluetooth when connecting my old SonyEricsson phone. Problem started after i swtiched to iphone4 last week. just a few seconds after i connect the iPhone4 to my iPod dock, the bluetooth connection drops. i am not...
  14. S

:( Wrecked my 10 jsw and more ...

"Impulse is evil" I was in a rush to pick up a big screen TV despite the super heavy rain, and that was how everything started. I hit a pole in a parking lot @~3mph. I didn't even see it until it already happened. At first it looked and drove fine, and then check engine light came on, then the...
  15. S

Lean burn technology at work?

For a couple of times after I shut off the engine and I can hear the radiator fans working hard with keys off the ignition. At the same time I can smell burning rubber coming from underneath the car. Is that lean burn tech at work, when the car burns off the carbon particles?
  16. S

Anyone has filed the tax return yet?

has anyone filed the tax return yet? Supposedly we can claim $1300 tax credit but I have not yet found any instructions yet. thanks,
  17. S

VCDS 812.4 on '10 JSW

A friend of mine has a VCDS 812.4 cable and I just wonder can I use it on '10 JSW as well? thanks in advance
  18. S

Speed dependent volume setting keeps resetting

I am suspecting there is a bug in my JSW radio software. Every time after I set the speed dependent volume setting, it will reset to zero after a while. do you have the same problem as well?
  19. S

Inconsistent cigarette lighter power outlet

My old 06 TDI has "Always on" cigarette lighter power, and the sales lady at dealership told me it was no longer the case for my new 2010 jetta sw. And I found it true until one day, when I pulled out the key, and the red power indicator of my cellphone charger is still on! But I was not able...
  20. S

Real World 2010JSW Gas Mileage--please report here

I have been a owner of both MKV and MKVI TDI. My previous, 06 1.9L TDI can make 39mpg city/hwy mixed and 43Hwy. While my new 2010 JSW can do 40mpg mixed city/hwy. and 50mpg on highway. numbers a way higher than the EPA numbers, and with more torque and horsepower, it's even more stingy on fuel...