Search results

1. B

ERROR: Service vehicle. Only leave vehicle in P position

It's funny, because the first time I had the issue, before the warranty repair, it was very random, and got increasingly more consistent until the warning finally stayed on. This time around, it does seem to happen mostly when I've been driving in wet conditions for a day or so. It's been...
  2. B

Agreed, definitely silenced the issue until I was outside of warranty, however :) On mine, the error seems to happen mostly when driving in wet conditions, so I assumed it was some sort of electrical gremlin. Never had the car try to roll away in park, however.
  3. B

Same error I had the issue with the error popping up and the shift assembly was replaced under warranty. This seemed to fix the issue temporarily. Now the error is back intermittently, and becoming more frequent. I checked the recalls for the car and none are listed. I will report it to the...
  4. B

Mk7 Common issues and resolutions

Yeah, mine's loose again, out of warranty, so I think I'm just going to put tape on it :D
  5. B

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2

I am pretty sure your interpretation is correct. I bought mine new in 2015 and have less than 40k miles. Mine got both kits, if that helps. I fall under "may need new DOC before 150,000 miles".
  6. B

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2

Did you purchase your car before the scandal or off the lot with Phase 1 already applied? I have less than 40k, but bought mine new in 2015, I have the 2b kit and fall under "may need to have the Diesel oxidation catalyst replaced before it reaches 150,000 miles", at least that's what I...
  7. B

TDI Phase 2

My phase 2 is complete as well. Picked it up yesterday. So far so good. Trying to decide if it's louder or if the DSG has changed at all. I haven't driven it much yet so will report back if I notice any issues.
  8. B

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Phase 2 Picked her up from Phase 2 fix yesterday. They did have it for a week, but warned it would be that long because they had 14 others to do. Also had them go ahead and replace the battery since it seemed to struggle starting in the morning. Starts up like new again. Only drove to work...
  9. B

TDI Phase 2

Phase 2 Good to hear there isn’t much change. Dropped mine off on Thursday for phase 2. Hoping it won’t take too long to get it back.
  10. B

I guess it's possible. I do plan on replacing the battery soon since it's three years old, although it held up well over the winter. I only got the error once so far this time. I was also driving when it happened. This is how it started before, with the message occurring randomly and then...
  11. B

I’m also as of yesterday getting the same “error service vehicle : leave only in park” error flash that I got in 2016. They replaced the gear selector as a fix under warranty, and now it’s happening again.
  12. B

I spoke too soon. Warranty just ended and I noticed it’s starting to peel again. :(
  13. B

Haven't had any problems since they replaced it, for what it's worth.
  14. B

I didn't have the rear nozzle issue, but do have the auto window up/down malfunction on the driver's side extremely often. I told the dealer who said if it kept happening to let them know, so good to know that replacement made a difference.
  15. B

Appointment set for my 2.0L TDI Engine (GEN 3) Emissions Control Software - Stg 1 Mod

Okay, thanks! I would definitely be interested in a tune at some point. I was thinking it would be wise to wait until I'm out of manufacturer warranty though. That's a little less than a year for me, so maybe I'll get the phase 2 and then tune it.
  16. B

Appointment set for my 2.0L TDI Engine (GEN 3) Emissions Control Software - Stg 1 Mod

Any idea how the tune might affect getting Phase 2? Are you planning to get Phase 2 when it comes?
  17. B

This is going to be great, thanks! I haven't really noticed it being any louder, but it will be interesting to see!
  18. B

I just got the paper receipt, and then an email from Chase. No email from VW after the fix.
  19. B

Just to update my experience with the money situation for those interested in a timeline... Got the fix on Monday, the email from Chase late Tuesday night. Filled out the info Wednesday morning, and the money was in my account at start of business this morning, Thursday.
  20. B

I just filled up, and getting ready to do just this to see what kind of combined mileage I get when driving around town tomorrow and taking a short road trip on Saturday. Maybe I'll fill up again on Sunday and take a long drive in that 55-60mph sweet zone for mileage to see what I get.