Search results

1. K

Welding the body of a A3

So first off, no I'm not junking it, second, finding a donor body is damn near impossible and I have no way of getting it to my home. Now that that's out of the way, anyone here welded the body of an A3? I know its a unibody, I know its sheet metal, I was going for 16 gauge (non-galvanized so I...
  2. K

Vr6 clutch for stage 3 tune

I didn't say I didn't like it, I think it's perfectly okay, I just don't have a tune to unlock it's true potential.
  3. K

Probably going to get a brand new flywheel sticking to 22lbs or closest to it, hopefully I can find a kit preassembled so I don't have to align it myself, kinda scared, not that I blow a lot of cars up but I don't want to blow this one up.
  4. K

Gotcha, where did you get your clutch? Kermatdi is my favorite right now.
  5. K

I know this is a thing, right now I'm looking at a stage 3 tune for a 98 vw Jetta TDI with AHU motor, I have .220 nozzles from a fb guy who has a great reputation, ko3/ko4 hybrid turbo by kermatdi. Should I go vr6 clutch which is rated for 300 ft lbs or should I go with a true stage 3 clutch for...
  6. K

AHU no boost

Well, finally the search is over, injectors were worn out, the only one that was doing anything worth while was the third injector. I hope this helps someone else out in the future. Now I can enjoy my car finally, and time to upgrade my shifting and start getting this car ready to be owned by me...
  7. K

AHU no boost

So, there's two different types of gaskets for the exhaust manifold, for this car, individual gaskets for each port of the exhaust or one big one that covers all 4. I bought a new MAF and put the old stage 1 maf included chip in and it's slower than mafless so I'm not going to keep testing with...
  8. K

AHU no boost

Okay so, I messed up, turbo was okay, smoke was just coming from me not realizing there was a 4th gasket and it being oblonged, new gasket with the thick mesh installed, went ahead and installed a new turbo from kermatdi the ko3/ko4 hybrid, same thing. Everyone is telling me I should be blowing...
  9. K

AHU no boost

3 out of 4 gaskets for the exhaust gaskets were installed, this would be my slow spool, unfortunately the turbo is blown or a seal is out, when idling if I floor it smoke comes out of the passenger side under the hood and there's a whistling sound, not a boost leak but more like my turbo is...
  10. K

AHU no boost

So, ordered a MAF-less tune, guess my new and old MAF sensor were bad, I still got limp mode, pretty sure something with the speed that the turbo spools it's pretty slow (although I'm trying to find a good baseline to compare mine with) when it stops raining time to take the exhaust manifold off...
  11. K

AHU no boost

part 1 part 2 Heres some youtube videos of my graphs I got, I still have the files too, no idea how to post stuff like this on the forums, whatever info or testing you want me to do, let me know.
  12. K

AHU no boost

Unfortunately I don't have VCDS but I do have Obdeleven, I figured out how to make a graph yesterday with any values I want in them.
  13. K

AHU no boost

I had a buddy of mine come down with a spare good working ECU... Unfortunately, no change. The only other thing that's wrong with this car is that the fuel filter drains when it's shut off, which I got new check valves, but even so, it's not starving for fuel at all... Turbo or exhaust manifold...
  14. K

AHU no boost

So, I've been messing with just about everything but the map, map is NEVER on point with actual vs requested when at low rpms, it takes about 2-2.5 rpms to even start moving but its off, I see how it works, wondering if I should attempt to see if anything is wrong inside but there's a glue or...
  15. K

AHU no boost

I have checked all the MAF pins, everything seems right, where it should be,voltages correct, no high resistances... I went back to base with this one, stopped restricting the MAF and see what kind of data I could pull. Basically Map and MAF specified and actual never meet, even at idle...
  16. K

AHU no boost

So, upon further research of driving while having the MAF tricked, I have learned my boost steadies out at 15psi instead of 12, I don't know if this is a big issue but it does need to be fixed. I can also drive a lot longer without hitting limp mode if I keep it below 14psi. Not really sure what...
  17. K

AHU no boost

So, tune is in, EGR officially deleted, still have the same problem, I notice my manifold pressure is not increasing to specified with the MAF but my paper cheat still allows it to go as it should but over a couple mins it will go into limp mode for 00575 is it possible the map in the ECU is bad...
  18. K

AHU no boost

So, here's a little tricking I did to my MAF. Before when I was blocking the MAF a little with my fingers, I noticed I could manipulate the numbers it threw depending on where my finger was, I wasn't really understanding how or what I was doing but now I understand. So first, I want to clarify...
  19. K

AHU no boost

Thank you, I am at the point where I guess I have two options, either find a new exhaust manifold that isn't welded shut at the EGR, or buy a tune. I'm going with the chip tune, added HP/torque and I don't have to mess with EGR? (Even though I would rather have it) guess it's a win/win?
  20. K

AHU no boost

I'm not guessing, all these values are coming from obdeleven, which is vcds without a laptop. I'm going to swap the n75 with the EGR solenoid again, the EGR is a pierburg and the n75 is just a box with no name on it (one with two nipples on top and one on the bottom), the next think I'm going to...