Search results

1. N

2013 Passat SE TDI silver/black 25k miles $22k Austin

thanks, edited! it's a manual
  2. N

2013 Passat SE TDI silver/black 25k miles $22k Austin

2013 Passat SE TDI silver/black 23k miles $21k Austin I have a 2013 Passat TDI for sale. It has 23.5k miles and I'm the original owner. Only selling to buy a house. Has had dealer service but no mechanical issues. Also have had an extra oil change every 5k miles. heated seats, bluetooth audio...
  3. N

FS: 2004 Passat TDI GLS Wagon 228k - BSM, "new" trans

I've decided to drop it to $7500 - surely one of the most aggressively priced 04 Passat's with the BSM mod, only 70k miles on the trans, etc.
  4. N

I would prefer not to drag biodiesel into this thread, because the forum is generally unfriendly to alternative fuels. There is a long thread about me using B100 in a 2009 Jetta TDI. I wound up with a CEL and the dealer blamed biodiesel. I posted the diag logs on here and the consensus was that...
  5. N

After much consideration, I've decided to price it at $10k. The vehicle is in Austin and ready to be bought!
  6. N

FS: 2004 Passat TDI GLS Wagon 228k - BSM, "new" trans - $7500! FS: 2004 Passat TDI GLS Wagon 228k - BSM, "new" trans Silver 2004 Passat TDI wagon for sale in Austin, Texas. 228k miles. I bought it with 200k miles from the original owner, who had all service done at the dealer. I put a lot into...
  7. N

FS: 2004 Passat TDI GLS Wagon - w/BSM (Seattle, WA)

Here are some pics. The interior shots are from when we bought it. Need to take some interior pics from now, didn't realize I didn't have any:
  8. N

Here are some pics. The interior shots are from when we bought it. Need to take some interior pics from now, didn't realize I didn't have any:
  9. N

2004 Passat TDI Wagon - silver with black interior. 218k miles. Both interior and exterior in very good condition. This vehicle has been meticulously maintained by a Volkswagen dealer. We are the second owner and have all the records from the VW dealer who serviced it throughout its life, until...
  10. N

FS: 2004 Passat TDI Wagon + BSM + timing + trans swap = $12,000

yikes, good to know. i was going to ask our friend to get it done there while they are driving it. but i guess i could wait until it gets here to seattle if i don't sell it first. there's a good chance we won't sell it anyway, and we'll just drive it the rest of this year at least...i really...
  11. N

thanks, that means a lot! I built it myself, and spent months planning it. I stole various ideas from neighbors, created a design, bought the wood, had help from family to sink the posts, and spent a few weekends doing it. Spent about $1000 in materials instead of $4000 paying a fence company...
  12. N

You can research my name for the story of me buying this car, but here is the short version: Bought this 2004 Passat TDI GLS wagon for $6000 in early 2010. One owner, verified carfax, all maintenance done by dealer by the book. awesome condition interior and exterior. Glow plug light, 200k...
  13. N

My A3 TDI European Delivery Story

Can you tell us how much you saved by using the ED option, and how much your trip cost? I was considering getting the BMW 335d a couple of years ago and it was going to save us almost $4k, more than enough for the trip. The business deal I was working on fell through, so I didn't get the car...
  14. N

Austin Biodiesel

I would say not to buy a TDI for B5! Dirty diesel distributors like Johnson Oil only offer it sporadically, so you'll never be sure you can get it. B5 meets the technical specification for diesel itself, so all diesel could be B5 and not be labeled at the pump. This is different from gasoline...
  15. N

Advice needed about 2004 Passat TDI with bad trans

PM sent to thundershorts!
  16. N

where would the 4-5 grand go? I thought it just needed a $1500 transmission and $500 for installation.
  17. N

BobZ - the glow plug issue was unresolved. These vehicles have a known problem with the ceramic plugs and the long term solution is to replace with steel plugs and reflash the ECU; however, some of them get stuck or break on the way out, so there is some risk. I have been told by most to just...
  18. N

Two things about putting a used trans in: 1. I'm having trouble convincing my wife that we should spend any money on it at this point. She's in favor of selling it as is (but, of course, has no idea what to offer it for with a bad trans) 2. I was thinking that with the BSM, the crowd that...