Search results

1. P

I surrender!

From the official settlement website claims portal... Important Claim Deadlines The 2.0L Settlement Program ends on December 30, 2018. Please read the below to understand important deadlines associated with participation in the 2.0-Liter Settlement Program and receipt of benefits. For more...
  2. P

Mk7 Common issues and resolutions

First week of post phase 2B I came to notice a peculiar variation in the correspondence between the accelerator pedal and the RPMs... finally the OBD threw a check engine light. The dealer service determined a faulty fuel sensor on the common rail... the whole rail is the unit of replacement...
  3. P

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2 - First Impressions

I will post in the Mk 7 Common Issues and Resolutions section in a few days, when I can quote part numbers and the service notes.
  4. P

Update... First week of post phase 2B I came to notice a peculiar variation in the correspondence between the accelerator pedal and the RPMs. Sometimes I seemed to get more RPMs than I expected, other times less, sometimes a lot less to the point where the pedal depression was way more than...
  5. P

Yeah, from the approved emissions notice for generation 3 TDI phase 2... "If you purchased a vehicle with the Phase 1 emissions modification already applied and your vehicle has accumulated fewer than 40,000 miles (for automatic transmissions) or 70,000 miles (for manual transmissions) at the...
  6. P

Dropped off my 2015 GSW M6 TDI with 32K miles for Phase 2. Was only able to do this by declining a loaner vehicle, otherwise would have had to wait to schedule an appointment up to 90 days out - the shortage of loaners rather than parts or service technicians being the problem. Apparently their...
  7. P

Yeah, the "notices" kind of vary. That is why I posted #141 to touch base with others to see if they agreed. Here are two that don't quite say the same thing: 1- This is the "Color Brochure" notice where there is confusion about who gets the 2A vs 2B. go to www.vwcourtsettlement.com chose 2.0...
  8. P

See my post #141 just above... The 40K auto / 70K manual thing only applies to CPO cars (ones that were purchased after the stop sale with the phase 1 already installed before purchase. If you bought your car before the stop sale you get both parts of phase 2, miles does not matter.
  9. P

I'm noticing various discrepancies... can we pause for a moment and nail down a few things? As I understand it from reading the settlement documents: - the Gen 3 extended emissions warranty 11 years / 162K miles coverage from in service date takes effect at the completion of phase 1. This can...
  10. P

Those of you stuck on step #15 since October....

The process is designed to prevent fraud by having an independent third-party auditing group examine all the paperwork submissions. In order to protect the integrity of this process, there is somewhat of a "Chinese wall" between the auditors and the claims managers. There are many things that...
  11. P

Phase 1 (fixed) "New" 2015 Mileage thread

I have just received the Phase I fix on my 2015 sportwagen I bought new 11-SEP-2015, currently at just under 20K miles. Past lifetime average consumption is about 56mpg. Past highway trip ave consumption is about 67mpg. First use of the car after the fix was highway ave consumption 72mpg...
  12. P

Dieselgate: Volkswagen to Spend Up to $14.7 Billion to Settle ...

Why the 2015s buyback is fouled up I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, worth repeating. The reason that the 2015s have a poor buyback is because the judge decided to use one single factor as a depreciation for the whole model year's worth of all of them (and that factor was also quite a...
  13. P

Not just run on, poor spelling, too. "... "no discernable (sic, should be "discernible") difference" in the cars' mileage, horsepower or torque." So APNews doesn't correctly spell "discernible", the most important word in the article... because discernible is subjective to the driver's needs...
  14. P

As I understand it, all those new post stop-sale old TDIs are NOT just sitting on the lots wasting away. The dealerships are following a monthly resuscitation process to keep them in shape for subsequent sale... Each month each one is being checked over for battery charge, fluid levels, tire...
  15. P

What a mess! VW and authorities should have simply decided to grandfather all pre-stopsale TDIs and agree on an appropriate fine, immediately back then; no class action, no settlement, no buyback, etc. Then EPA could require what they will of emissions for subsequent cars, which basically...
  16. P

Dealership... Just did the 10K service at the dealership. When I bought the car the week before the scandal was announced the inside floor had 9 cars on display, now just 2, had sales people working all 12 offices, now just 3, had customers waiting, now none, had a nice level of excitement...
  17. P

It would be so easy and clear to have made all this very simple, but they didn't... even after 9 months of wordsmithing. They could have written: - owner restitution for fraud is $0 unless you accept an option - claim only proceeds with submission to and acceptance of an option - class...
  18. P

Everyone keeps says that restitution requires selecting an option... show me where it states that class members do not get restitution if they decline both options. Some of the details of the documents demonstrate cases where restitution IS provided without buyback or fix (where the car is...
  19. P

Do we need to accept an option to receive owner restitution? That is the accepted wisdom, but even if strictly true, you must see that those three choices DO NOT logically address my question, the absolute first question that should be on everyone's mind - Do we need to accept an option to...
  20. P

Options or Choices??? Still not finding definitive document text indicating the buyback and fix are true options (meaning all class members get owner restitution independent of whether they accept either option or decline both options); or, if one must chose an option to receive restitution...