Search results

1. T

In need of a cam gear ALH

I am in need of a good cam gear for my 01 ALH motor. I bent mine while changing the timing belt. Please contact me with a price if you have one. Thanks, Dave
  2. T

Fuel pump timing

I finished my timing belt change yesterday. I am wondering how far I can advance the fuel pump timing for optimum performance. If it matters I have a Speed Tuning chip mod and a K&N air filter. Thanks, Dave (Also thanks for the help yesterday with the timing belt tensioner setup.)
  3. T

Premium Fuel Cetane

I live in Pa and am interested in the cetane in both Shell and Gulf premium diesel. Thanks, Dave
  4. T

Timing Belt Tension

I just finished replacing my timing belt on my 2001 TDI. Before I button up the car I wanted to know if it is possible to set the initial tension on the automatic belt tensioner to tight. Thanks, Dave ( I need to finish this job today. Could someone please reply asap) Thanks Again.
  5. T

TWB fuel sender for 2001 Jetta TDI

I am looking for a replacement fuel sender for my 2001 Jetta. I broke mine a year ago while removing the check ball. It is currently JB Welded together.
  6. T

Clutch Upgrade

I know this is beeting a dead horse, but I need specifics about the clutch upgrade. I am aware that the clutch I need is the VR6. I am unsure about the flywheel. I need know what other VW the flywheel that I need comes from. Thanks, Dave
  7. T

Charge Pressure Control Code

My Jetta popped a code today for the first time in about a year. The code is#17964.(Charge Pressure Control: Negative Deviation). I do not have a manual for the car. Is this a senser or a computer function that has gone bad? Thanks, Dave
  8. T

JETTA SHUT DOWN ALL AT ONCE

I was driving my 2001 yesterday in the snow when all at once it shut down. I checked the belt and it appears to be fine. I suspected the fuel. I removed the pressure line from the injector pump and had nothing more than drips of fuel coming from the line while cranking the engine. I do use an...
  9. T

HOPA tuning pbox

I am interested in a HOPA tuning box. The box that I have found is for a Mk4 10 pin set up. I am new to TDI and am not sure what I have. My car is a 2001 Jetta TDI with a five speed. CAn Anyone tell me where to look for the info that I need? Thanks, Dave
  10. T

engine noise

My 2001 Jetta TDI with 53,000 miles on it has just started to make a squeeky wine noise while accelerating and while being reved up in my driveway. It doesn't require high RPM and the car still has plenty of go juice. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what was th fix? Thanks, Dave
  11. T

VW Jetta TDI lack of power and check engine light

Yesterday I purchased a 2001 Jetta TDI. On the 150 mile treck home the check engine light came on and I also noticed that the car has no power over 60 miles per hour. Can anyone help me with my problem?