Search results

1. W

FS: Downpipe and Cat for A4 TDI

LOL. :o OMG...my bad. Sorry guys. I had so many half-baked plans and had bought so much crap that I totally forgot what the heck this was. It IS a 1.8T converter....it's all coming back to me now: this was from my 1.8T into Rabbit Convertible obsession/pipedream. Mods please delete!
  2. W

FS: Downpipe and Cat for A4 TDI

Used OEM downpipe and Catalytic Converter. I bought this a few years ago...at the time I was told it was from a pretty new car (like a 2003?). I was going to use this for my TDI Scirrocco (I was considering coverting my AHU motor to use a VNT and so wanted to newer style downpipe). Well, I...
  3. W

Weight Does matter?

I think I saw that! Hilarious. For mileage, the aero at highway speeds is hugely important (it increases per the Square of the speed, so after a while it starts ballooning the faster you go). Weight matters only in that it takes more energy to accelerate a heavier car, but once at speed the...
  4. W

Weight Does matter?

I underestimated the effect of weight on fuel economy. I recently changed swapped my TDI Drivetrain from a '91 Jetta into an '84 Scirocco. Here's the deal: While it doesn't look so, the Jetta in fact has much better aerodynamics than the slippery *looking* scirocco. However, the car was pretty...
  5. W

Bizzarre Code(s). My vag-com wont' translate this one!

could be "confused". This VAG setup has worked flawlessly on a few other vehicles...but for whatever reason, it's never been able to communicate with this vehicle gracefully. Often won't pull up the codes/dies cause of communication errors. Not sure, but I can believe there could be...
  6. W

I don't have it handy...it's getting pretty long in the tooth though. Probably about 3 years? But his is an 1998 Tdi...so the code itself shouldn't be anything new right?
  7. W

OK, the first is a no brainer, but has anyone seen the last three? The last one doesn't even have a description. Has anyone seen that one before?? Thanks in advance for any info or insight --Chris 00560 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation System 17-10 - Control Difference - Intermittent...
  8. W

WTB: Epsilonian Device (for an A3/AHU if that matters)

I actually have a RCII/III. Who knows? This might even already be set to allow for no egr. The car isn't yet operational, but if you block off the egr the ECM won't see any change in the MAF reading when it expects to (i.e. when the EGR valve is opened). I guess we'll see?
  9. W

WTB: Epsilonian Device (for an A3/AHU if that matters)

If in fact, this "device" exists. I have an AHU motor (but I think it probably doesn't matter)?
  10. W

WTB: Working EGR valve

OK..confirmed. I need the EGR valve for an A4
  11. W

WTB: Working EGR valve

I forget..is the EGR valve a separate piece on the A4? I'm looking for one of these -- a working standalone EGR valve to play with A4 style. Anyone have one for sale? --Chris
  12. W

Help Request! Have your Bentley handy??

Help me understand... 270ft lbs + 60 degree ... 320 times? Does not compute...what the hell is that for? Then again, you are a rocket builder for reputable brand.
  13. W

So it's ok to use an impact? Thanks a lot...That's a huge help!! I took an initial stab at doing it the hard way...Yikes...that'd take some serious torque.
  14. W

Yes...Good point. Which is why I WON'T be finishing my clutch tonight
  15. W

OK..I got answers per Steve Carol (sp?). In case anyone searches on this topic... Stage I: 44ft Lb on the Flywheel to Crank Bolts... Then angle tighten 90 degrees 15ftLb on the clutch cover to flywheel bolts The actuator lever: Pivot end has a hole and is slightly more pointy.
  16. W

I need to finish installing my clutch tonight. It seems I have the wrong (not to mention cheesy) manual. Can anyone let me know the following for my '98 Jetta TDI (AHU motor): 1) what are the torque specifications for the Flywheel to Crankshaft bolts? 2) also, what are the torque...
  17. W

Wiring questions...Got Bentely?

Thumbs up on the suggestions. Thanks.
  18. W

I'll do that... Honestly, I don't know if the diagrams will even help (so confusing) but its worth a look. Thanks
  19. W

Hey I don't know if anyone could help, but I'm trying to figure out how I can cut away the minmal wiring to run my TDI MIL-free in a swap recipient. A little background, currently the entire A3 wiring harness and drivetrain are in my '91 Jetta. I'm transplanting this stuff to a new...