Search results

1. C

Good East Bay TDI Mechanics?

I picked the car up from Tomas Sport Tuning, they charge $185/hr and the adjustment they made to the transmission shifter didn’t hold (not 100% fault but how it was communicated to me as fixed and solid, gave me a roller coaster of emotions since I thought they hard fixed it), the front desk guy...
  2. C

SOLD: 2002 VW Jetta TDI Wagon Rare 5-Speed Manual

If you care about the dent, it will be gone in for cheap here's one nearby: https://www.ebay.com/itm/323958116516?_trksid=p2380057.m570.l5999&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI323958116516.N36.S2.typeWATCH_ITEM_ENDING_SOON.R2.TR2
  3. C

The car is still for sale, I just took it the shop and got the major items address here's the update: Took it to Tomas Sport Tuning who is recommended on by the forum and does high quality work ($185/hr, sheesh!) and had the shifter adjusted and now the transmission is operating smoothly...
  4. C

Thanks for the idea. I found this slick video that a member made, and I'll check it out.
  5. C

FYI I just called Griffin and they are 3-4 weeks out for an appointment. I've taken my car to European, and they struck me as expensive and didn't do a great job with the under-covering, which I asked for them to keep from hitting the ground. Their solution failed after a couple days...
  6. C

Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon with GLS model options, including moonroof, heated mirrors and seats, and 15" alloy wheels (with brand new tires $800 with 50,000 mile warranty). All the power options (windows, locks, cruise control), A/C, and heat work as they should. Has a moonsoon radio with AM/FM...
  7. C

WTB - 2001-2003 Jetta Wagon, ALH/5 speed

I have one! I'm asking $5K for it. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/oakland-2003-vw-jetta-tdi-wagon-rare/7306394165.html
  8. C

Leaky tandem fuel pump? Video included!

Hey TDI community. I’ve been lurking on the forums for a while. Super helpful resource. I’m in Oakland, CA, the mechanic I’ve used in the past charges the same as the dealer and I really don’t like their attitude, they’d rather it be a Porsche. So I’ve been trying to diagnose this leaky fuel...
  9. C

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Helllllo! I'm throwing my hat in the ring! I have a 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI 1.9L that has about 222k miles on it. I'm in Oakland California. And my fuel pump is leaking ever so slightly. I found this replacement rebuilt pump that seems too good to be true and potentially a great deal...