Search results

1. D

Multiple VW Jetta A5 TDI Tools/Products for Sale

Sold my car. Cleaning out the products I no longer need. All prices are firm and INCLUDE shipping. I can provide pictures of all items to your email or text if you wish. PM me your phone number if you wish to talk live. Metalnerd Alternator Pulley Bit Set: $25 LubroMoly Diesel High Tech...
  2. D

VW Jetta Bentley Service Manual

plz delete
  3. D

A5 Jetta Turbo Clicking

Folks, Need some guidance. I've done research but have yet to find this specific issue. Background: 2005.5 Jetta 164K miles, did the egr cooler delete about a year ago and literally just did timing belt/Cam and Malone Stage 2 about 75 miles ago. Since I put it back on the road I've had an...
  4. D

Coolant line Removal

I blew one of the heater core lines that goes to the back of my 05.5 Jetta 5SPD BRM. I thought I'd be able to use a standard heater hose to reconnect it but the angles are too severe. Thus I will replace both of the hoses and the connectors. The challenge I have is removing the connectors at the...
  5. D

911 Broke Down Coolant Leak Need Help!!

I'm broke down on the highway, 400 miles from home, with a coolant leak. I have an 05.5 Jetta TDI. The coolant leak is coming from, as near I can tell, the back side of the motor. I don't have my manual. Is there a coolant input in the back side the motor that could have come loose?
  6. D

Transmission Mount Bolts

In a previous thread I mention that I bought an A5 Jetta TDI 5spd used and just had the DMF let go. As I'm tearing down the engine to get the transmission out I found out that the original transmission was replaced with one from an A4. The transmssion had worked great, but there were definte...
  7. D

Suck

The Wrong Transmission in my car!!! Please help So I had posted earlier about the DMF going out in my A5 5spd Jetta TDI. I thought I'd get a jump start on my teardown and get it ready for the new flywheel and clutch kit. As I tear down the engine bay I am struck that there are a few parts...
  8. D

Is it my Clutch?

I'm 95% sure it is, but just wanted to run it past the board. I was driving my 05.5 Jetta TDI an hour ago and made a turn. I downshifted from 4 to 3rd in the turn. Let out the clutch and it sounded like a gravel box with an obvious oscillating crack at my feet. I have 111K on the clock and...
  9. D

New (to me) 05.5 Jetta TDI

Hey folks, hope all is well. I just wanted to send a shout out to the board and let you all know that I've jumped into the deepend and purchased a very clean 05.5 TDI! Its a 5 spd with 108K on the clock. The previous owner did the full timing belt/water pump service so I should be good to go...
  10. D

05.5 interior color codes

Does anyone have a breakdown of the names/codes for the interior colors that were availalbe on the 05.5 Jetta?
  11. D

Service Manual Suggestions

Folks, I did a search and didn't find any specific suggestions on a service manual. I just purchased an 05.5 Jetta TDI. Would you recommend the VW of America published manual or the Bentley published manual? http://www.bentleypublishers.com/product.htm?code=VA56...
  12. D

Package 1

Can someone point me in the right direction for details on what is included in a Package 1 or Package 2 Jetta?
  13. D

2009 Does it have a Timing Chain or Belt?

Folks, Went for my test drive on Wednesday. Pretty impressive. The sales guy at Performance VW in Omaha was a total dill hole and I think he would have told me I'd get a lap dance from Gwen Steffani if I'd have put down my "place holding" $500. Anyway he told me that the new 2.0 TDI changed...
  14. D

Is a 2005 Golf GLS TDI and A5?

Folks, I have been combing the internet for Jetta vs. Golf details and have probably become more confused than knowledgible. Ugh. I have some questions that I hope you can help me with. Is the 2005 Golf on the same platform as the 2005 Jetta? I have seen where it is considered an A4 vs the...
  15. D

Potential Jetta Newbie

Folks, I'm new to the forum. Been searching and reading quite a bit. I am considering purchasing a used 06 Jetta TDI. I travel 35K per year for work/personal and am intrigued by a high MPG car. I travel typcially at 75-80MPH on the highway. I live in OK and typically travel relatively flat...