Search results

1. T

Upgrade Borg Warner Tubo Charge or another option?

My 2005 Passat TDI threw a code which said Relay to turbo. New Relay put in and the car still has no power. On closer look it's the waste gate not opening on the 12 year old turbo with just 67,000 miles on it. I'm told Borg Warner has an upgrade to my original with 1 lb more boost and a...
  2. T

Hard Shift into Reverse or 1st Gear only.

This bang into reverse , or when I put it into drive seldom happens more than 6 times a year and is always cured when I ' reboot' the car by turning the engine off and then starting it again. The harsh shift is limited to 1st or Reverse and does not happen in any other gear. Unfortunately...
  3. T

TB/ Delete Kit & what else should be done while it's all appart?

I'm going to have the TBI and Delete kit ( alternative BHW oil pump, chain and pulley)installed. I also hear it's a good time to do the Motor Mounts regardless if they are leaking and the 'Pulley' on the Alternator changed out. Heard the original pulley has a high failure rate? While it's...
  4. T

New Alternative to the Balance Shaft Issue

With 3 of these 2005 Passat Diesels in the family the timing belt time is approaching. Do I go with the gear set which is very expensive and still does not correct that ' key' in the oil pump drive shaft slot? Do I go with the "Delete Kit" which some seem to like and others claim...
  5. T

Difference between M16 and M14 on our front axels?

On a well done MoGolf outer CV boot repair PDF. It's my own lack of knowledge to understand two terms, of a extremely organized PDF. There is that large bolt at the very end of our front axles ( dead center to our wheel lug nuts) when we remove our front axels to generally replace the...
  6. T

HID light kit and foggy lens covers

So many HID light conversion kits.....So many different levels of light intensity which goes ' blue-ish' in color at one intensity and then "pinkish" at an even higher intensity?? Do I want white, blue, pink?? Anyone find a quality kit that gives me an easy upgrade to our stock lights and...
  7. T

Strange issue with Passat front fenders

2005 Passat Wagon. One of the front fenders rusted though in a small spot. Yes, I gave them notice of the 12 year rust warranty and they have been hot of the case for since January 6th, so over a 1/4 of a year to get into action. One of the issues is I believe when I bought the 2005...
  8. T

China $44 VAG-COM?

I was looking for a cheap way to measure my ATF Fluid Temp for the upcoming fluid change. Been using a Infa-Red Temp Gun to read off the bottom of the pan - but - heck, found this site listed below, showing a Vag-Com for less than the infa-red gun i bough. I'm not too bright when it comes to...
  9. T

Finally a cheap AFT for real???

Just did my AFT / filter change and another axle change out. Being an anal type, I bought 6 liters of the VW ( ZF approved) blend AFT at over $18 a liter - once again along with the very expensive VW ATF filter and very expensive gasket. I was not very impressed with the $60 gasket, so I...
  10. T

Great Passat Axle Place

Well just replaced the driver side axle on the 05 Passat. Figgured I better start doing it myself since this seems to happen by 50,000 miles and the cost to have someone else remove and install seven bolts plus the axle is too much. This was my third one on two Passats. The inner CV joint (...
  11. T

window regulator recall?

For for those who owned the 2001 TDI Jetta - our window reglators bit the dust often - a plastic part on the regulator - broke often. VW put a recall on it and a free fix at the dealer with a metal part replacement. Now my Passat sedan, which is a low mileage car- 32,000 miles had its...
  12. T

Better C.V. Joint Boots

Our Passat diesels get rubber CV boots. My mechanic's gas Passat (dunno his year) gets a Plastic material for the CV boot on his gas version. My rubber CV boots crack open - allowing dirt in to destroy the CV joint. His plastic CV boots he says last far longer than mine. Up to 130,000...
  13. T

Head Light Bulb Change

Well you guys walked me though accessing my way into the back of my Passenger side headlight bulb change out by removing the freaking air filter tubes so I could get my big mits in there to access the bulb. Now it's the driver's side low beam bulb that has burnt out 4 months later and the...
  14. T

Brake Fluid Spec

2005 Passat... 31,000 miles...Checked the Front bads....(not the rear) and plenty of pad but the wife , about once a month, gets a check brake pads light on the dash. I'm thinking the brake fluid is a little low in and perhaps the low fluid is tripping a brake fluid level sensor. I'll add a...
  15. T

Final Drive Seal &Plug

Anyone know the actual VW part number for the both the fill/drain plug and more importantly the crush washer or 0 ring seal for the differential or as they say call it in the Bentley ' The Final Drive' on our 2004-2005 Passat with the 01V Transmission? This is just the theaded cap and its...
  16. T

Tranny Flush Machine Pro's/Con's

On the verge of buying the Vag-Com to do the ATF refill once with filter change and then just a dilluting drain/ re-fill ( leave the filter on) about 1,000 miles later. For the heck of it I called a shop looking for a guy with the $5000 ATF transfer machine. Asked if he could drop my pan -...
  17. T

Transmission AFT/Filter Change

Thinking of doing the Transmission and Gear Oil on both my Passats. No I don't think the ATF is lifetime. I know others feel it is. Dealer Prices don't excite me. About 2.3 Hrs Labor at $95/hour Transmission Pan Gasket $46.20 Seal at Transmission Filter $28.33...
  18. T

Air Filter Change

Any pictures or instruction out there on changing the air filter (engine). Not cabin filter. And the mileage for the change? B5.5 Passat Blair
  19. T

ECM relay shroud removal

Ok, just pulled the wiper arms off with a mini puller. Next on the skinny black plastic shroud immenidately under the windshield wiper arms ( not the big two part battery shroud which I already pulled off ) - I've found 2 clips on the smaller shroud directly under the windshield and wiper...
  20. T

Brake Piston Resetting Tool

Will the same "Brake Resetting Tool" be sized so that it can not only press back the piston on the front calipers but the smaller rears too - or do I need two seperate resetting tools to get both the front and smaller rear pistons pressed back in? Do I even need a brake resetting tool or you...