Search results

1. S

No Heat, No Heated Seats :(

A few days ago I was driving in cold weather and the engine just started coming up to temp, the seats were toasty and the blower was nicely defrosting my windows. Then it all stopped, not the car but the warmth. The LEDS on the Climate control light up like nothing happened but no fan or heated...
  2. S

I Destroyed My Lower Rear Transmission Mount!

The title pretty much sums it up, the lower rear transmission mount is toast and it took the downpipe out with it, my frostheater, and radiator fan... so far. It snapped the bolt off in the transmission and there is a great deal of play in the motor as far as rocking it back and forth. This is...
  3. S

Who Has Timing Belt Tools? (BRM)

Oh they grow up so fast, don't they. My Jetta is almost at its 100k mile service interval and that means I have to get my timing belt replaced and swap out some filters. But there are some strange foreign tools that are needed to get the job done right, right? I could buy the toolkit, use it...
  4. S

New rear brakes, again

I replaced my rear brakes at 50k on my 2005.5 with new rotors and pads from TDI Parts. They were fairly worn and needed replacing but I probably could have gotten a few thousand more miles out of them if I had to. Recently I have been hearing a combination of grinding and squealing out of my...
  5. S

Why am I hearing this horrible rattle when cold?

I have a 2005.5 Jetta with about 66k on it, when its colder out that about 30*F the engine sounds really rough for a few seconds. Then it starts sounding normal and runs fine. I always let my glowplugs fully cycle before I start it and it still has the rattling noise. This morning it was 17*F on...
  6. S

Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup

I'm a bit disappointed it the lack of discussion of the TDI Cup races going on, sure many people here put out more power and have a more capable car but this is the first attempt I have really seen VW advertise TDIs in a racing sense. Anyway I was reading this...
  7. S

I Hit a Raccoon, In Pictures

So one night on my way to work I happen to stumble upon a raccoon, at 50 some mph, with my bumper. I tried to avoid it but he obviously had no desire to live since he jumped out of the ditch and made a mad dash to the front of my car, luck was not on his side as he hit my bumper and took a ride...
  8. S

Exhaust Repair

So I need to do a little bit of exhaust repair on my old truck which I sold to a friend, the reason being is that I got a good price for it since I agreed to help if anything goes wrong. So I need to try and patch things up until warmer months or until he takes it to a shop and gets it done...
  9. S

Racine, WI to Ontario

Racine, WI to Toronto Update: I went, I had fun, worthwhile trip. :D So Im asking for advice on a possible trip from Racine, WI to Toronto. Me and some friends were planning on taking a trip to visit some people we know in January and I have personally never driven on a trip that far myself. I...
  10. S

Power Inverter Installation

Im looking at putting a power inverter in my car, I want to be able to run my laptop, phone charger, camera charger, washer/dryer, 21cu ft chest freezer, mig/tig welder. ok mabey not those last couple but you get the idea Where would be a good place to install it and would it be better if I had...
  11. S

Best place for window tinting, WI

What I am looking for is whats a good place in SE Wisconsin to get my windows tinted at, I figured I would ask here as well as other places for soem feedback. I got enough crap about my Jetta looking like a family car and I figure that tinting the windows would make those bright days a little...
  12. S

Hit in the grill. Need to fix it.

So I get out of work and notice my grill is all messed up on my 2005 Jetta. The bumper is cracked and there is a large piece of the lower center grill missing along with a piece of the lower grill on the passenger side. I managed to make it look acceptable for now by pushing pieces back where...
  13. S

Stupid Oil Change Question

First time doing an oil change on my new car and everything seems hidden behind something and a pain to get to. Whats the best way to get to the drain plug, oil filter, and all that stuff. I figure I will have to remove the plastic skid plate from the bottom but from there what else do I need to...