Search results

1. StElmo

3 days 23 hours 54 minutes

Let's see if I can actually make it from Newport, RI to Everett, WA in that amount of time. Not going through Des Moines this time, cutting through St. Louis and KC, MO (caravanning with another shipmate). I don't think the weather will support the timeline looking at the Weather Channel forecast.
  2. StElmo

Spotted by a member...

St Elmo was spotted by one of Newport, Rhode Island's Finest (and a fellow TDIer) during an unplanned traffic stop at a yield sign. St Elmo is a little bruised, but hopefully USAA can fix him up in the next 24 days. Pics to follow.
  3. StElmo

Feeler: 2001 Jetta GLS

For Sale: 2001 Jetta GLS Vehicle in located in R.I. but vehicle has been in the Pacific Northwest for >95% of its life. Vehicle has just over 91K miles. Timing belt, serpentine belt, water pump, rollers, stretch bolts, fuel filter and other filters have all been replaced since August 2005...
  4. StElmo

In transit to RI, need help...

Anyone along I-80 able to help me with a ventectomy on my A4? I'm tired of manually venting at the pump and if I don't have to purchase the tools, I won't. I'm in Oacoma, SD tonight, will be outside of Des Moines, IA on Friday; Peru, IL on Saturday; Merrillville, IN on Sunday; Youngstown, OH...
  5. StElmo

"GO GRMY" Plated A5 TDI spotted in MT

\"GO GRMY\" Plated A5 TDI spotted in MT Today, 9NOV05, on I-90 between Bozeman and Billings, MT, I spotted, followed, passed and led a Campanella White A5 TDI with a sat radio package.
  6. StElmo

Okay, explain this to me like I'm a 6 year old...

Okay, explain this to me like I\'m a 6 year old... A number of A5 owners have mentioned they have never paid MSRP or List (by list, I mean invoice) for a vehicle before in their lives. We even had a thread a while ago dedicated to how much folks paid for their 2005.5 A5. This topic has spiked...
  7. StElmo

VAG-COM 510-0 Beta...

Has anyone downloaded and used the Beta version yet? Thoughts? Reviews?
  8. StElmo

Recommended Route...

Okay, I've mapped the trip via Google and Mapquest for a trip from Everett, WA to Newport, RI and I have my plan for the trip and the stops for each evening. I'll be taking a Northern Route in November. Any recommendations or advice for the trip?
  9. StElmo

Another couple MFA questions...

Okay I've read through 90% of the MFA conversion posts on here and 'tex and have come up with another question... Given: Then what does the H stand for in...1J5 920 926 H other than GLI? The PDF I downloaded does not cover 2003+ clusters. Additionally, is the only difference between the...
  10. StElmo

Can I borrow a Bentley Manual?

I tried to bid hike a gauge cluster on eBay and wound up winning. I think this is a good thing, wife's not as happy... Anyways, I'll be putting in a MFA cluster and would like to review necessary steps, i.e. which pins the wires go in the wiring harness. I'm in Everett, WA, and would really...
  11. StElmo

A5 TSB Thread

I only have two TSBs and one TB on record and am willing to host and post any others folks can get to me. TSB: Speaker Rattle TSB Dipstick TSB TB: VW Acceptalbe Oils TB
  12. StElmo

Fuel Filter Change...

Okay folks, because of the Seattle BioDiesel issues, we decided to change our fuel filter 10K miles early and get rid of some H2O and anything else that may have been introduced to the fuel system. Changing the filter is simple. The fuel filter is an insert type similiar to the oil filter...
  13. StElmo

What is Toyota thinking?

I know this has nothing to do with diesels, but this Eyes on Road Technology gives me cause for concern, since I'll be sharing the road with this vehicle. Okay I understand the importance of keeping my eyes on the road, but braking the vehicle for me is an accident waiting to happen. Placing...
  14. StElmo

MFI vs MAF

Multi Function Indicator (also known as MFA) Mass Air Flow
  15. StElmo

So here's what we've done...

So here\'s what we\'ve done... We've made some changes to her A5 since taking delivery over 6500 miles ago in early May. We like the sporty feel of my '74 BMW 2002tii and that has seriously influenced some of the mods. Here's the list: -H&R Sport Springs (they are so choice, lowered the...
  16. StElmo

Reflection...

An A5 looking back on an A4.
  17. StElmo

B99 Port of Tacoma... *DELETED*

Post deleted by StElmo - Please note, policing of any political comments, actual or interpreted, needs to go both ways. I deleted my contribution since it was taken the wrong way.
  18. StElmo

Spring Meet XX 2005 - Puyallup WA

Looked for this, didn't see it mentioned and I know it's last minute. Spring Meet XX, 2005 is being hosted by the NW VW CLUB on April 24, 2005. Come out and see an aircooled engine get blown, in addition to all the other cool VW stuff. Spring Meet XX, 2005