Search results

1. C

FS: MkV Jetta honeycomb upper grill and VW emblem

GTI/GLI honeycomb upper grill for sale. It is currently Plasti-Dip painted matte black (shield portion and trim-stripe piece only). Stock chrome VW emblem is also included with the grill! Pic when it was on my Jetta: This was on my car for about a year. It is in very good shape with...
  2. C

Sunroof drains - help needed

What luck... At the same time I received the VW class action letter about the leaky sunroof drain issue, I had some water on my passenger side a-pillar today from heavy rains. My passenger side drain appears to be not draining properly - but I can't find the drain nipple everyone has described...
  3. C

fs: ColumnPod from NewSouth Perf. for Mk5

NewSouth Performance offset ColumnPod for Mk5. This item is new, never installed. Looks just like this... ...as shown on NewSouth Performance's website. I never bought a gauge for it, and have no time to get one and install it. Pod, elbow fitting, tube and decal included (no gauge). $28...
  4. C

Another stuck fuel filter... and new tool to fix it!

Oh how I long for the days when the fuel filter simply came out with a push-twist-pull... Again today, I had to pry away on the old Meyle filter, and broke the ring off the top of the filter. Instead of using my favorite visegrips and destroying the old filter as I'd done in the past, this...
  5. C

Windshield wipers and washer pump dead

Doing a little lunchtime desk diagnostics: I drove home last night, wipers and washers worked fine. Parked in the garage, shut off engine and pressed the wiper stalk to enable "wiper maintenance" mode, to change blades, but nothing happened - no ice problems or anything - working one minute...
  6. C

Windshield replacement...?

I took a rock on the passenger side that caused a long crack across the windshield, so I need to get it replaced (full glass coverage through insurance). I've never had to get a windshield replaced on any of my foreign cars before - only US made trucks, so replacement was a no-brainer. But I...
  7. C

225/50-16 on MkV?

I'm in need of new tires, run the stock suspension, stock 16" Bioline alloys, and will go with an all-season tire (I run 90% freeway at 80mph or better, 95+ miles per day commute), but I'd like to go a tad wider. I'm looking at either 215/55-16, 215/50-16, or possibly 225/50-16 tires - if...
  8. C

Flashing rear defroster light?

Haven't posted in a few months - good to be back. I had to start using the rear defroster lately now that fall is here, and yesterday morning noticed that the little yellow rear defroster indicator light on the button was flashing - I've never noticed that happen in 2 years! At the time it...
  9. C

A5 triple-square bits needed?

I'm going to pick-up a set of triple-square impact bits from a friend who works at a tool manufacturer. The set includes: M5, M6, M8, M10, M12, M14, M16 Will this cover the majority of "usual" triple-square applications on the A5s? e.g., brakes, suspension, etc. Would it be prefered to get...
  10. C

Fog light install done, but battery tray pain...

I finally got time to install my fog harness this weekend; Projectors from 1stvwparts.com, grills from a member of the 'tex, relay harness from ECS Tuning, and a custom ground reed relay circuit to fire it I made based on W12's instructions. Once I got the battery out, I couldn't get to the...
  11. C

Brake options?

I don't want/need a $2k BB kit for my TDI - but I'd like to improve the braking over stock. I'm considering upgrading to GLI rotors, better pads, maybe SS lines, but haven't seen parts/part numbers required to make this conversion on our cars. Anyone completed this yet? Anyone definatively...
  12. C

Question about CCV mod - filter media?

I'm finally getting around to building/installing a CCV mod filter set-up (PVC fittings with internal filter media). Not finding any stainless parts locally, I finally picked up some aluminum screen, and some aluminum "mesh" - the mesh is actually laundry sink lint filters. The screen is bug...
  13. C

"Smoke" painted the MkV chrome grill

I took some time over the holiday and painted the chrome main grill, fog grill trims, and the circle around the VW emblem using DupliColor MetalCast Anodizing Smoke color paint, and Duplicolor plastic adhesion promotor. I wanted a "black chrome" look - ended up to be a "smoke" look, but I really...
  14. C

Flik Justice wheels

Thought I'd show pics of Flik Justice gunmetal wheels with ET35 offset on my Jetta. They poke out a bit, but mostly due to the 235/45-series tires. A narrower tire would probably fit alot better. Sorry pics are a bit dim, I took them in the morning in the shade.
  15. C

Mouse Hunt - Peta members need not read.

Sorry in advance for the long post, but I have to tell you about my latest battle with mice (sorry to all the Sierra Clubbers, but mice gotta go).... We moved into a new house almost 2 years ago, on 15 acres that's rural; I've been fighting with mice in the garage and around the property, as...
  16. C

MN - curious fuel pump nozzle change?

I commute on 35w north of the cities daily - I stopped at Holiday in North Branch the other day to fuel up, and the pump nozzle had been changed to a large diameter job. I haven't stopped there in about 2 months. This is the first large diameter nozzle I've seen anywhere - all other nozzles...
  17. C

Help! Radio weirdness...

I’ve got a ’06 Jetta V TDI, Pkg. 1 with Premium Sound XM radio (XM never activated). With all the radio settings at nominal (i.e., bass, treble, fader, balance, etc.), and volume moderate (say, 30 % or so). Ok, here’s the deal: Turn the radio on to any solid FM signal preset (e.g., #1); now I...
  18. C

Help with Pela 650 needed!

I just bought a Pela 650 (the big tall cylindrical job), and I looked at the smaller extractor tube to try and remove a bit of the stiffening rod that's in there, I've read other threads about cutting down the "spring" in the extractor tube, to get it all the way down into the pan of the '06...
  19. C

Anyone install a boost gauge in MkV TDI?

Has anyone installed a boost gauge in their 05.5 or '06 Jetta V TDI yet? If so, I'm curious where you mounted it, what gauge you chose, if the lighting matches the OEM interior lights, and where you tied in the line? Does anyone offer steering wheel pod mounts yet?