Search results

1. M

Picked up a 98 Jetta that had been sitting for years...

Sorry, I just realized I had posted some of this information before...
  2. M

Picked up a 98 Jetta that had been sitting for years...

So, I was looking for a donor TDI engine to throw in my VW Pickup and found a 98 Jetta that had been sitting for many years. Story was the car was torn apart to clean the intake(?) and while down, previous owner had the injection pump rebuilt and never re-installed. Also came with upgraded...
  3. M

New to me 98 Jetta TDI

OK. So I will try to check for rust and replace timing belt before doing anything else with this car. It looks like I will have to purchase some timing tools that are specific to this engine (cam lock and fuel pump pin, anything else?). A couple more quick questions. What is the largest...
  4. M

New to me 98 Jetta TDI

Todd, Thank you for the reply. The gentleman stated he took the car apart to have pump resealed and do upgrades. He said the injector tips are an upgrade with the ECU. The car also needed a heater core so the interior was completely torn apart and never fully put back together. I think he...
  5. M

New to me 98 Jetta TDI

I just purchased a 98 Jetta TDI that has been sitting for almost 12 years. Engine only has 122K miles and PO purchased upgraded chips for ECU and had injector tips replaced too. I want to try to get it running then swap the whole engine/trans combo into my 80 Rabbit Truck. Big thing that...