Search results

1. eddie_1

Audi 3.0 TDI - another power barrier boken - 603hp / 1080nm (diesel only)

Kind of an old thread but I had a couple of questions, since Bobby Singh is the King of Clean Lambda. 1) Are you working mainly with the lambda maps to clean the lambda or you need to adjust other things also? 2) On the dyno there is a clean lambda but is it the same if you sudden WOT on the...
  2. eddie_1

Continental tires for mpgs

The General Altimax One is a good deal in Germany and sold as a Conti tire. The General Altimax Sport is also sold. There is also another brand call Barum which is quite popular because it is also a Conti. The Barum and General are a couple of ways folks try to get a Conti tire for a lower price...
  3. eddie_1

Most VW/Audi fasteners/bolts are not TTY (torque to yield)

This is where the German side is coming from, after talking to a couple of Master Mechanics here. Their take is about tightening things properly and making sure the bolt can hold the torque. Only replace bolt if not torquable. And your point about things coming loose is very good. I suspect...
  4. eddie_1

Most VW/Audi fasteners/bolts are not TTY (torque to yield)

There's not a single timing belt kit for the ALH & others in Germany that includes all the motor mount bolts. Talked to a couple of mechanics and they said these bolts are not replaced. These elaborate tb kits seem to be exclusively a north american phenomenon. German Kit:
  5. eddie_1

What’s Clutch rating on stock bkd engine

When I did my BPP tuning I increased fueling by 5 mg/str steps...70, 75, 80, 85, 90mg/str, such that I can always go back to a working tune at lower power. The threshold on my old clutch really felt to be between 85 and 90mg/str. I found detuning to be not only about bringing up the torque...
  6. eddie_1

Sounds like the 2.0L BKD holds a lot more than what I was thinking. My comments were more regarding the 1.9L PD130 PD150 type applications. As you said, even on 240mm clutches there is a wide range of holding power based on DMF design and clamping force. My 2.7L BPP, which is also 240mm, holds...
  7. eddie_1

Put VNT22 housing on GT1749VB?

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like the compressor wheel needs to match the housing for things to work properly.
  8. eddie_1

Those 4 cyl 240mm stock clutches or even 6cyl hold pretty good when new. I would say they can handle like 180hp-200hp / 320NM. But then they age faster when being put under that kind of power and then they can't handle as much, probably need to detune to below 150HP and under 250NM. Best to put...
  9. eddie_1

Put VNT22 housing on GT1749VB?

I was looking to replace the 17/22 I brought from the US with a GT1749VB but the old 17/22 compressor housing is VNT22 like on VW T4, so my existing custom hoses don't match up. Would it be ok to just put the VNT22 compressor housing on a new GT1749VB or is it a problem that it is bigger? Thanks...
  10. eddie_1

17/22 replacement

Frans, Thanks so much for chiming in. I will do a couple of measurements and send you an email.
  11. eddie_1

17/22 replacement

I am thinking by now there must be a custom hose somewhere to match the idparts pancake pipe with the VNT17. If someone could reveal that detail, it would be cool.
  12. eddie_1

17/22 replacement

Das ist schon schade, daß in Amerika die deutsche Sprache verloren ging. Gerade in PA Deutsch Gebiet sollte man doch Deutsch sprechen können. Leider durch die Weltkriege gegen Deutschland haben sich die Deutschen in Amerika Turbo-assimiliert. 2 meiner Nachbarn in Hannover sind Russlandsdeutsche...
  13. eddie_1

17/22 replacement

Thanks for the feedback. That Polish shop looks worth looking up. tbh I would be very happy if I could get like an ARL VNT17 working. That would be the cheapest in Germany. The issue as you also mentioned is the cold side hose matching which is not that a big deal but just wondering what the...
  14. eddie_1

17/22 replacement

Hi, I installed a 17/22 from idparts about 12 years ago. It is kind of not in very good condition now. Does anybody know if there is a drop in replacement for it? Especially matching the idparts boost pipe exit from that time period? Not really looking for performance but a cheaper drop in, like...
  15. eddie_1

Bigger Intercoolers

That is the standard setup on V6 TDIs. Check out the pics towards the bottom of this page: https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=459551&page=2
  16. eddie_1

Installed 3.0 TDI Turbo in 2.7 TDI

Well the 360mm on the front makes quite an aggressive difference. Really impressed, especially on the Autobahn. Since I was on a roll, decided to upgrade the rear as well. :D Due to diesel scare used parts are cheap. Caliper/Handbrake motor 40€ per side. Went from 300mm to 330mm.
  17. eddie_1

Installed 3.0 TDI Turbo in 2.7 TDI

Upgraded the front brakes from 321mm to 360mm from A8/Phaeton/A6 armoured vehicle. Was pretty straightforward. Used some brake hoses from ebay so called Panamera TRW hoses to avoid using the exepensive dealer item hose/brakeline/holder that was hard to find used. The calipers and carriers are...
  18. eddie_1

Winter tire break up of tread islands

Hi, I noticed these cuts and break up of the tread islands when I went to swap my winter tires today. The damage was mainly on the left front wheel and on the inside but also visible on all 4 tires. Dunlop Wintersport 3D. Could be one of the following, but not sure. 1) Age related. Tires are...
  19. eddie_1

Lift pump with mod

Hi, Does anyone still have these hoses with their Lift Pump working fine? I got a new kit with barbed hoses but have not put it in. I was just curious to find out how many people have had a problem with the hoses breaking up after sometime?
  20. eddie_1

How-To: Replace a MKIV ALH Diesel Injection Pump without Changing the Timing Belt

To remove injectors I use a crow foot wrench.