Search results

1. WolfgangVW

Towing Capacity

Oilhammer thanks for the fantastic post and great pics!
  2. WolfgangVW

Towing Capacity

Hey thanks for all the replies! Lots of great info. I think I'll stick with the Silverado for now! It towed great when I picked it up!
  3. WolfgangVW

Towing Capacity

Thanks Krash, kinda my thoughts too!
  4. WolfgangVW

Towing Capacity

Hey all. Just a question about towing. I have a 2003 Jetta TDI Sedan, the manual says 1000lb Max towing. I've done some reading and it seems like fellow TDI owners tow more than that. My question is what's the likelihood of towing a 1900lb small fibreglass camping trailer with my car? Doable or...
  5. WolfgangVW

Let's play name that engine part and help me identify my coolant leak!

Is that a BEW?? Looks like you made it 8 months! I have an ALH, had a coolant leak a few falls ago. It was the coolant flange O-Ring. I would just replace any O-rings in general area while coolant is drained. For myself did the coolant flange ring to head, ring between that and glow plug...
  6. WolfgangVW

Time For Some Maintenance

Yes that’s exactly what happened when they did it there was a stripped bolt they had to deal with. I was apprehensive to do it myself as I don’t know if it’s ever been off, at least since I’ve had it so 10 years and 200,000+ Km. It's quite possible it's never been off so 415,000km so I had no...
  7. WolfgangVW

Thanks Mongler ya I hope they did too! I did the MAF obviously as it’s easy I just didnt want to take on the intake myself for multiple reasons.
  8. WolfgangVW

I had a VW Mechanic do the job
  9. WolfgangVW

^ cheers Nero!
  10. WolfgangVW

Hey so a mini update. The intake is cleaned and MAF replaced. The intake was super filthy and clogged. It's all clean now including EGR etc. Man what a difference! Just power wise and runs smooth and more peppy. I used to get intermittent limp mode I'm excited to see if this solves that or...
  11. WolfgangVW

Thanks ya I've never had an issue but will change them next oil change and keep an eye out in the meantime!
  12. WolfgangVW

Ok great thanks !!
  13. WolfgangVW

Ok is there a DYI around for it??
  14. WolfgangVW

Awesome thanks ! I’ll do that
  15. WolfgangVW

Hey sorry just to follow up, my comment isn't completely fair about oil in the intercooler at oil changes. I used to drive a lot more and would change the oil 3 times a year at 16,000km and would pull maybe 1/4 cup out each change give or take. Last few years I don't come close to the 16,000km...
  16. WolfgangVW

Hi all. So I have a 2003 ALH TDI Jetta. I have had it for 11 years or so. Obviously done things in the past. It's a bit of a high miler but not crazy about 415,000km (258,00mi or so). Any insight into what maintenance I should look at doing ? As I plan to try and keep the car for a while now. I...
  17. WolfgangVW

3rd Gear Sluggish around 3000RPM

Yes they replaced everything. I was out for a drive last night. It seemed a lot better perhaps it was just just my imagination playing tricks on me. I will continue to monitor !!
  18. WolfgangVW

Driver Door Lock Cylinder

Ya thanks maybe I’ll get it right if I have to do it a 3rd time lol
  19. WolfgangVW

Driver Door Lock Cylinder

Ok all what do I keep doing wrong reinstalling the lock cylinder?? I found a wrecker cylinder, had my locksmith basically make one good one with my key and current cylinder out of the one out of my car and 2 from the wrecker. Anyway when I go to reinstall ( following the 12 turn method above )...