Search results

1. Dieselgeek

GUIDE: How to make your O2J shifter feel less sloppy and other information.

A really poorly ajusted linkage can result in reverse lockout binding inside the box. You can check the linkage adjustment with an assistant by using the elevator test. the elevator test
  2. Dieselgeek

GUIDE: How to make your O2J shifter feel less sloppy and other information.

The first thing that comes to mind is a clutch that isn't releasing properly. That being said you might want to check for shifter play as shown here LINK:
  3. Dieselgeek

Check out my Amsoil bypass filter setup!

I'm sorry but I no longer have those photos.
  4. Dieselgeek

Intake Manifold Flap stick open/closed

Generally, replacing the V157 will result in a car that cannot be fixed. The original motor didn't go bad. I offer free troubleshooting to my customers privately only due to theft of my IP. If you buy one of my brackets I can help you.
  5. Dieselgeek

IP top and bottom seal how-to (?)

I've been selling pump seals for 15ish years and I can say the JB-Weld method is the best at getting the QA back to exactly where it was prior to changing the TDI injection pump seals. Having four fracture zones to match up is very accurate.
  6. Dieselgeek

P2015 intake manifold flap fix how-to

The best idea is to start a conversation via email with us so we can send you the troubleshooting email. We ask for a good clear picture of the installed part and any other codes you might/may be seeing before or after the install. Don't respond here but to our email address as we do not...
  7. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek replacement MK4 shifter bushings!

If you are having issues engaging first when at a stop it might be clutch related. It is very unlikely that you have worn parts on such a new car. I could send you my shifter adjustment video but you should contact me directly through Dieselgeek and perhaps a quick phone call can point you in...
  8. Dieselgeek

That's also a pre-production part above^^^. The finished parts will be closed at the top so no dirt gets into the bushing. Lifetime part.
  9. Dieselgeek

Hi y'all, I wanted to mention that I am offering a new bushing for the four speed automatic transmission cable end found in 1999.5 and newer MK4 Golf and Jetta and 1998 - 2010 New Beetles. This is on the tranny end which is the one most likely to fail...
  10. Dieselgeek

Yes, this fix applies to 2008-2014 Common Rail TDI worldwide.
  11. Dieselgeek

I run Dieselgeek.com and you can order seals there. I only recommend replacing the fuel temp sensor if you are having timing stability issues.
  12. Dieselgeek

Yes. But it would be a shame though to not fix the 10mm pump first since the only thing wrong with it is seals.
  13. Dieselgeek

The cast iron head has the 60mm round seal that we sell in Viton.
  14. Dieselgeek

ALH pumps have 10 pin plugs.
  15. Dieselgeek

JB-Weld works great, assuming that you have degreased the pump well enough for it to grab hold of the aluminum. There is a compelling argument to apply the JB-Weld before your pump starts leaking. There is no need to over-complicate this. Folks have been using the JB-Weld trick since 2005...
  16. Dieselgeek

Just bear in mind that they have to open your fuel system to swap manifolds.
  17. Dieselgeek

P2015 / VAG 008215 Intake Manifold Write-up and Replacement

If you have a V157 on your intake manifold then you have the sensor inside of it. Its internal to the actuator.
  18. Dieselgeek

P2015 / VAG 008215 Intake Manifold Write-up and Replacement

Intake Manifold Flap Motor and Runner Position Sensor, Checking Observe all safety precautions: → Chapter „Safety Precautions“ View clean working conditions: → Chapter „Clean Working Conditions“ Prior to repair work, perform a preliminary check to verify the condition. Refer to → Chapter...
  19. Dieselgeek

Hi Jim, You don't want to permanently pin the QA position with a dowel pin since it is a valuable adjustment point to compensate for internal pump wear. Using the JB-Weld method holds the QA position perfectly for changing the lower QA seal but it is not so permanent to preclude later...